Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

24 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

They never should’ve fired Vogel. Rumors D’Antonio is a possibility if Houston flames out again?

Totally agree.  Vogel got us consistently in the mix.  Had we wait till Lebron was in the west we could have been in the finals. 

2 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Watched the whole series with my Heat-loving sons. Vic has lost most of his explosion from pre-injury. Not sure if he will get it back, but absent that burst he currently is an undersized two guard with an average jump shot.

Don't want to take this thread in the wrong direction, but I'd be shocked if the Pacers' next coach isn't black. Given the events of the past few months, I'd bet the Pacers organization will feel compelled to replace a minority fire with a minority hire, much like our own administration did with Mike Davis. 

I just hope the Pacers land a solid coach, regardless of race, but it's just too hard for me to see current events not playing a role here. 

Don't want to take this thread in the wrong direction, but I'd be shocked if the Pacers' next coach isn't black. Given the events of the past few months, I'd bet the Pacers organization will feel compelled to replace a minority fire with a minority hire, much like our own administration did with Mike Davis. 

I just hope the Pacers land a solid coach, regardless of race, but it's just too hard for me to see current events not playing a role here. 

It’ll be Mark Jackson, I believe strongly for many reasons.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

8 hours ago, Magnanimous said:

As a middle age white guy I fully support them.  We are in a forever-loop of allowing petty politics and instigators to distract us from those issues.  If there had been an ongoing theme of non-white police officers fatally shooting white civilians this would have been addressed long ago. 

All--

Please remember that this is an IU-centered forum, and that this thread is a basketball thread. 

So far in this thread:

1. All are being completely respectful ... much appreciated
  2. It is only natural that when NBA games are being postponed/cancelled/boycotted, posters will comment
  3. There is significant potential for the thread to turn into broader social commentary

So ... please be cognizant for the potential of our lesser, off-topic instincts to take over ... the mods will not let the thread deteriorate into a political on-line shouting match.

Thanks

Reasons for #Pacers change of direction despite unlikelihood of winning series:

-Displeased ownership
-Too much iso
-Bad defensive strategy
-Not enough emphasis on relationship building w/players
-4 key players unhappy
-Rejected pleas to adjust offensehttps://t.co/cnf97oBRqC

Um.  Yikes. Can almost guarantee Vic and Myles were 2 of the 4