Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Anthony Calhoun @ACwishtv

BREAKING:  Sources confirm to me #NBA has canceled hotel contracts in Indy for All Star Weekend in February 2021, meaning game unlikely to happen as originally scheduled.  

To me that merely means that the dates of next season, as expected, will be changing.

21 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Why wouldn't I believe him? The Pacers haven't done anything to say they want to compete for a title. 

Well for starters Davis wasn't even close to being a FA so we couldn't sign him. And at the time we had no trade pieces aside from Turner and you're kidding yourself if you thought NO wanted Turner for Davis. Davis said he'd like to play with PG. All the stars say that to each other. Never said he wanted to come to Indy. There was never any situation where he was going to end up here. 

I can't believe there are still NBA fans that believe anything George says. He's just an egotistical diva who does nothing but blame anyone and everyone else for his own mistakes. No accountability. He forced his way out of here just like he did OKC. When Kawhi can't hold his hand to a ring he'll swap to be LeBron's sidekick or someone else that can carry him. 

18 hours ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Well for starters Davis wasn't even close to being a FA so we couldn't sign him. And at the time we had no trade pieces aside from Turner and you're kidding yourself if you thought NO wanted Turner for Davis. Davis said he'd like to play with PG. All the stars say that to each other. Never said he wanted to come to Indy. There was never any situation where he was going to end up here. 

I can't believe there are still NBA fans that believe anything George says. He's just an egotistical diva who does nothing but blame anyone and everyone else for his own mistakes. No accountability. He forced his way out of here just like he did OKC. When Kawhi can't hold his hand to a ring he'll swap to be LeBron's sidekick or someone else that can carry him. 

Could have easily thrown in Turner and Thad Young and probably even Monta Ellis with some picks and you build around that. The Pacers front office though doesn't have the balls to pull something like that and never will. They are happy just collecting checks for the first round. 

4 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Could have easily thrown in Turner and Thad Young and probably even Monta Ellis with some picks and you build around that. The Pacers front office though doesn't have the balls to pull something like that and never will. They are happy just collecting checks for the first round. 

This ain't 2K man, Pelicans wouldn't even entertain that offer. KP had a great off-season last year and if this team was fully healthy we'd be a real contender in the East.

6 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I think the Pelicans would need the balls in that scenario, because:

W

O

W

12 hours ago, Crimson and Cream said:

This ain't 2K man, Pelicans wouldn't even entertain that offer. KP had a great off-season last year and if this team was fully healthy we'd be a real contender in the East.

No we wouldn't. For one, the Turner-Sabonis tandem isn't good. Vic still isn't back to what he was and he may never be. Turner is still weak. Then the drafting of Goga which was a joke and not picking up any free agent bugs to back up Turner. Pritchard is awful at his job. The Pacers are terrible at trying to be contenders. Had the  chance in 13-14 and it just didn't happen. 

You guys remember a few years ago there was that 76ers fan who was preplanning multiple championship paradesm carving Embiid's hall of fame plaque, and praying at the shrine he built to Hinkie in his closet, whatever happened to that dude.

In fairness the process worked, they got multiple really high draft picks. Too bad their old and current front office are out of touch with the current NBA

On 8/20/2020 at 8:10 PM, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Nate McMillan is now a cool 3-14 with the Pacers in the playoffs. All 3 wins came against the Cavs in the first round of the 2018 playoffs. Been swept 3 times... Dude still gets an extension. Going on 4 sweeps. 

His defenders are great to talk to cause they;re almost always just casual fans who don't watch other teams play. 

But hey Vic being amazing for one year, and Brandon Roy before his knees finally gave out carried his bum @$$ to looking semi-competent when it matters most. 

On 8/22/2020 at 2:32 PM, KingPG21 said:

You guys remember a few years ago there was that 76ers fan who was preplanning multiple championship paradesm carving Embiid's hall of fame plaque, and praying at the shrine he built to Hinkie in his closet, whatever happened to that dude.

In fairness the process worked, they got multiple really high draft picks. Too bad their old and current front office are out of touch with the current NBA

Dude that guy argued with me non stop because I wouldn’t anoint the Sixers as the most likely next Warriors five years ago.  I was just thinking about that poster today.  

On 8/22/2020 at 2:32 PM, KingPG21 said:

They traded up to take Markelle Fultz instead of Jayson Tatum. That’s a lot of what happened.