Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Memo to Hova:  Time to change the title of this thread?

Eric Gordon suffered an ankle injury last night vs. the scrimmage but x-rays came back negative and is expected to only miss a few days.

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Houston-Rockets-Eric-Gordon-helped-off-floor-after-ankle-injury-149629760/?fbclid=IwAR3JuK6ybdcI5rAgjanHMujBaYzz1aty-1Xmlc40F_thfsiqnDgwzO9GW5Q

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Memo to Hova:  Time to change the title of this thread?

Eric Gordon suffered an ankle injury last night vs. the scrimmage but x-rays came back negative and is expected to only miss a few days.

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Houston-Rockets-Eric-Gordon-helped-off-floor-after-ankle-injury-149629760/?fbclid=IwAR3JuK6ybdcI5rAgjanHMujBaYzz1aty-1Xmlc40F_thfsiqnDgwzO9GW5Q

Still the 2019-20 NBA season! I think. Right? You have me questioning myself. 

With 4 mins to go in the 2nd qtr the Clippers are 15-22 from 3 against the Pelicans and lead by 29. NO looks like they’d rather be anywhere but playing right now. 

If anyone wants to watch a really, really great game, find a replay of the Bucks-Mavs game from last night. Doncic, Lord, that guy is just a genius. Best performance I’ve watched this year. The kid’s vision is rare to the point of maybe being unique. If you can’t watch the game, just find the assist off the PnR  with about a minute left in OT. Nobody makes that pass.Nobody. That pass isn’t there, and he finds it anyway.

If anyone wants to watch a really, really great game, find a replay of the Bucks-Mavs game from last night. Doncic, Lord, that guy is just a genius. Best performance I’ve watched this year. The kid’s vision is rare to the point of maybe being unique. If you can’t watch the game, just find the assist off the PnR  with about a minute left in OT. Nobody makes that pass.Nobody. That pass isn’t there, and he finds it anyway.

I watched the end of that game. That pass just shows a level of comfort he has in his abilities. Did you notice Donic elevated his game after numerous no calls driving into the lane? I like his game but his competitive spirit will elevate him to a superstar.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

57 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I watched the end of that game. That pass just shows a level of comfort he has in his abilities. Did you notice Donic elevated his game after numerous no calls driving into the lane? I like his game but his competitive spirit will elevate him to a superstar.

There was a play in the 2nd qtr where Lopez catches him with an elbow in the side of the face. After he looks at the ref a couple of times, Doncic takes the ball down, beats his guy off the dribble, takes it at Lopez, puts his shoulder into Lopez’s chest to create space, and finishes for an and 1. Then glances very pointedly at him. The kid is a Man.

I’d say his vision is on par with only lebron and maybe CP3 in the nba right now. Crazy thing is Lebron had almost no vision at Doncic’s age. Should be exciting

Pacers very stupidly extend McMillan. Proving more and more, they are just worried about only being good enough but never wanting to compete. 

I was intrigued by the D’Antoni speculation. That roster can play fast.

Nate likes to drive 45 in a 55.

3 hours ago, HinnyHoosier said:

I was intrigued by the D’Antoni speculation. That roster can play fast.

Nate likes to drive 45 in a 55.

Pacers front office likes to be good enough for the playoffs but not good enough to challenge for the Eastern Conference title. And it's no secret anymore considering they could have easily paired Paul George and Anthony Davis and they didn't want that. 

Pacers front office likes to be good enough for the playoffs but not good enough to challenge for the Eastern Conference title. And it's no secret anymore considering they could have easily paired Paul George and Anthony Davis and they didn't want that. 

I don’t think they are making decisions to keep the team down a notch because they don’t want to be great but as a small market team they prefer to avoid the luxury tax.

On 8/14/2020 at 11:51 AM, 8bucks said:

I don’t think they are making decisions to keep the team down a notch because they don’t want to be great but as a small market team they prefer to avoid the luxury tax.

You can stay under the luxury tax with two great players. Or you can just win a crap ton, make a bunch of extra money and not be worried about it. 

On 8/12/2020 at 2:26 PM, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

At no point could we have "easily paired Paul George and Anthony Davis" please don't let George brainwash you into thinking that garbage