Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

https://xavierharkness3.wixsite.com/topictalk/post/off-the-top-top-25-point-guards

Off The Top: Top 25 Point Guards
With the season still on the fence, I’ve decided to create some position rankings. I did this before the started as well, but things have changed since then. The special part about the, “Off The Top,” series is that it is just off the top of my head. I don’t go looking up stats. I’ve looked up two things: What positions they are listed as according to https://www.basketball-reference.com and to create a list of point guards so I wouldn’t forget any names.

The Top 5
1. LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers: The King is still the King in today’s NBA. His transition to being THE point guard was flawless(considering he basically did it at every other stop). The best player and now best point guard badge continue to run through him.

2. Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors: Chef Curry didn’t get to play much this season but he’s still one of the best and still the greatest shooter of all time. If it weren’t for LeBron moving positions, Curry would easily be the best point guard in the league.

3. Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers: Lillard gets underrated by some but you won’t see that here. He’s a true leader and can carry on team on his back. He is also probably the best rapper in the league as well.

4. Luka Doncic, Dallas Mavericks: Doncic has the size and shooting touch to be a superstar and he is right on that path and going down very quickly. He could very well be at the top of this list in a few short years.

5. Chris Paul, Oklahoma City Thunder: What seemed like a rejuvenated Chris Paul helped OKC to a very surprising season after trading away Paul George and Russell Westbrook. But Paul bring the floor general he is, didn’t let the season sink and instead made the Thunder a threat to cause some chaos in the playoffs.

The Rest

6. Kemba Walker, Boston Celtics
7. Kyrie Irving, Brooklyn Nets
8. Russell Westbrook, Houston Rockets
9. Kyle Lowry, Toronto Raptors
10. De’Aaron Fox, Sacramento Kings
11. Ja Morant, Memphis Grizzlies
12. John Wall, Washington Wizards
13. Trae Young, Atlanta Hawks
14. Ben Simmons, Philadelphia 76ers
15. Derrick Rose, Detroit Pistons
16. D’Angelo Russell, Minnesota Timberwolves
17. Jamal Murray, Denver Nuggets
18. Malcolm Brogdon, Indiana Pacers
19. Dennis Schröder, Oklahoma City Thunder
20. Eric Bledsoe, Milwaukee Bucks
21. Lonzo Ball, New Orleans Pelicans
22. Goran Dragic, Miami Heat
23. Fred VanVleet, Toronto Raptors
24. Devonte Graham, Charlotte Hornets
25. Mike Conley, Utah Jazz

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

https://xavierharkness3.wixsite.com/topictalk/post/off-the-top-top-25-shooting-guards

The Top 5

1. James Harden, Houston Rockets: Harden is arguably the most difficult player to defend in the NBA. He can score from any level on the floor and once he crosses half court basically. He doesn’t have the most exciting game to watch with the amount of fouls he draws(and how he draws them) but there is no question that he’s the best at his position.

2. Klay Thompson, Golden State Warriors: One of the best two way players in the league and one of the greatest shooters of all time. Thompson can defend three positions and score from almost anywhere. He’s a threat to hit double digit threes every night.

3. Victor Oladipo, Indiana Pacers:We haven’t gotten the chance to see Oladipo a whole lot after his injuries but it can’t be forgotten just how good he became once arriving to Indiana. He is one of the best two way stars in the league and was a massive in part in why Indiana never missed a beat after trading Paul George away for him.

4. Bradley Beal, Washington Wizards: Beal has gotten overshadowed a lot by Wall and rumors about being unhappy, but with Wall out this past season, Beal showed out. Showing he’s one of the best scorers in the league.

5. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Oklahoma City Thunder: I am going a bit out on the limb for this one. Mixing what he did this past season and potential. SGA was arguably the best player on OKC and helped them become even better after Westbrook and George were gone.

The Rest

6. CJ McCollum, Portland Trail Blazers
7. Donovan Mitchell, Utah Jazz
8. Zach LaVine, Chicago Bulls
9. Jrue Holiday, New Orleans Pelicans
10. Buddy Hield, Sacramento Kings
11. Devin Booker, Phoenix Suns
12. Andrew Wiggins, Golden State Warriors
13. Collin Sexton, Cleveland Cavaliers
14. Lou Williams, Los Angeles Clippers
15. Evan Fournier, Orlando Magic
16. Spencer Dinwiddie, Brooklyn Nets
17. Caris LeVert, Brooklyn Nets
18. Normal Powell, Toronto Raptors
19. Kendrick Nunn, Miami Heat
20. Marcus Smart, Boston Celtics
21. Jordan Clarkson, Utah Jazz
22. JJ Redick, New Orleans Pelicans
23. Dillon Brooks, Memphis Grizzlies
24. Luke Kennard, Detroit Pistons
25. RJ Barrett, New York Knicks

https://xavierharkness3.wixsite.com/topictalk/post/off-the-top-top-25-shooting-guards

The Top 5

1. James Harden, Houston Rockets: Harden is arguably the most difficult player to defend in the NBA. He can score from any level on the floor and once he crosses half court basically. He doesn’t have the most exciting game to watch with the amount of fouls he draws(and how he draws them) but there is no question that he’s the best at his position.

2. Klay Thompson, Golden State Warriors: One of the best two way players in the league and one of the greatest shooters of all time. Thompson can defend three positions and score from almost anywhere. He’s a threat to hit double digit threes every night.

3. Victor Oladipo, Indiana Pacers:We haven’t gotten the chance to see Oladipo a whole lot after his injuries but it can’t be forgotten just how good he became once arriving to Indiana. He is one of the best two way stars in the league and was a massive in part in why Indiana never missed a beat after trading Paul George away for him.

4. Bradley Beal, Washington Wizards: Beal has gotten overshadowed a lot by Wall and rumors about being unhappy, but with Wall out this past season, Beal showed out. Showing he’s one of the best scorers in the league.

5. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Oklahoma City Thunder: I am going a bit out on the limb for this one. Mixing what he did this past season and potential. SGA was arguably the best player on OKC and helped them become even better after Westbrook and George were gone.

The Rest

I love Vic but if I’m a GM he isn’t top 3 SG. 8-12 range for me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I think when healthy he’s better than all but the obvious top 2. I think his intangibles as a leader push him there over the others.

Does this list account for defense?

On 5/15/2020 at 7:15 AM, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

The Top 5

The Rest

Seems fair. Can't really make a strong case for any of the guys behind him when they are all healthy. I think I'd move Mitchell above McCollum. McCollum benefits from Dame a lot, if Dame goes down for an extended period then Portland tanks. 

Wouldn't put LaVine in the top ten, He has never made another player around him any better. But hey he puts up numbers on garbage teams so he must be good. Dude seems to think he is way better than he actually is

Seems fair. Can't really make a strong case for any of the guys behind him when they are all healthy. I think I'd move Mitchell above McCollum. McCollum benefits from Dame a lot, if Dame goes down for an extended period then Portland tanks. 

Wouldn't put LaVine in the top ten, He has never made another player around him any better. But hey he puts up numbers on garbage teams so he must be good. Dude seems to think he is way better than he actually is

LaVine seems to be unlucky in the fact he’s never gotten to play on a team of good veterans. Minnesota was super young when he was there and Chicago is super young. He can score and is a great 3pt shooter. Still has a lot to learn but he’s also only 25.

https://xavierharkness3.wixsite.com/topictalk/post/off-the-top-top-25-small-forwards

The Top 5

1. Kevin Durant, Brooklyn Nets: With LeBron James moving to point guard, Durant moved to #1 at his position. A man that can score from anywhere and in any fashion he chooses. Brooklyn can’t wait for him to finally take the floor.

2. Kawhi Leonard, Los Angeles Clippers: The Claw is right there with Durant as arguably the best small forward in the game. He’s the best defender in the league, a great leader and can score in just about anyway. It’s not always flashy but it always gets the job done.

3. Paul George, Los Angeles Clippers: George is “1b,” in the great Clippers Duo. A great scorer from the perimeter and a great defender as well. He, along with Leonard, gives LAC arguably the best perimeter duo in the NBA.

4. Jimmy Butler, Miami Heat: Butler has a reputation for a bad attitude but he’s helped Miami become a top team in the East. He’s a great defender and tough as nails who just wants to win.

5. Khris Middleton, Milwaukee Bucks: Middleton is a big overlooked in the league even as an All-Star. He’s a terrific shooter with great size to play the wing and a very good defender. He’s not exactly a household name but he helps give Milwaukee a great chance at winning an NBA Championship.

The Rest

6. Jaylen Brown, Boston Celtics
7. Bojan Bogdanovic, Utah Jazz
8. TJ Warren, Indiana Pacers
9. Kelly Oubre, Phoenix Suns
10. DeMar DeRozan, San Antonio Spurs
11. Gordon Hayward, Boston Celtics
12. Rodney Hood, Portland Trail Blazers
13. Jonathan Isaac, Orlando Magic
14. Will Barton, Denver Nuggets
15. OG Anunoby, Toronto Raptors
16. Miles Bridges, Charlotte Hornets
17. Duncan Robinson, Miami Heat
18. Derrick Jones Jr, Miami Heat
19. Joe Harris, Brooklyn Nets
20. De’Andre Hunter, Atlanta Hawks
21. Danuel House, Houston Rockets
22. Cam Reddish, Atlanta Hawks
23. Otto Porter, Chicago Bulls
24. Josh Hart, New Orleans Pelicans
25. Jae Crowder, Miami Heat

I'm not following the recent discussions and proposals for starting play in Orlando but apparently the NBA has released a 113-page health and safety protocol.   From Adrian Wojarnowski included is this:

No doubles in ping pong. "Until directed otherwise by the NBA, players should play singles only so that they can maintain six feet of distance from each other."

I don't know whether to laugh or cry over the absurdity.

I'm not following the recent discussions and proposals for starting play in Orlando but apparently the NBA has released a 113-page health and safety protocol.   From Adrian Wojarnowski included is this:
No doubles in ping pong. "Until directed otherwise by the NBA, players should play singles only so that they can maintain six feet of distance from each other."

I don't know whether to laugh or cry over the absurdity.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. So are they going to play 6 feet apart on the court too?

According to a report from ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the NBA has set a date for the delayed draft as well as when players can withdraw their names. With the draft now set for Oct. 16, players have until Aug. 17 to decide whether to enter the draft or return to the college game.

“Source: NBA Draft will be on October 16, with early entry deadline on August 17,” Wojnarowski tweeted on Saturday.