Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Victor Oladipo - Memphis Grizzlies

1 minute ago, LIHoosier said:

He's a FA this summer, don't waste your time. The owners and players built a partnership where fans can't really feel a connection to the players or the team unless you happen to have the 'Dream Team' in your city for 2-3 years.

Oh, I'm not wasting my time.  I'll just catch the occasional game when they are the National one.  We can't even watch the Magic Games because our TV provider dropped the network.  

5 minutes ago, FloridaHoosierGirl said:

Oh, I'm not wasting my time.  I'll just catch the occasional game when they are the National one.  We can't even watch the Magic Games because our TV provider dropped the network.  

The NBA is so incredibly hard to get access to. It’s crazy how popular it is with how difficult it is to just get the game you want on TV. I’m lucky to be a Pacers fan and have FSIndiana, but I’m the idiot with DirecTV. 

Just now, Hovadipo said:

The NBA is so incredibly hard to get access to. It’s crazy how popular it is with how difficult it is to just get the game you want on TV. I’m lucky to be a Pacers fan and have FSIndiana, but I’m the idiot with DirecTV. 

Hard to legally get access to at least, lol. I’m able to access any game on any given night. I’d be happy to pay to watch if the NBA has a good service available, but even league pass kind of stinks.

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Hard to legally get access to at least, lol. I’m able to access any game on any given night. I’d be happy to pay to watch if the NBA has a good service available, but even league pass kind of stinks.

Fair. I’ve heard some serious League Pass horror stories. It seems like such a simple service, but apparently it isn’t. 

59 minutes ago, FloridaHoosierGirl said:

Be lucky, my local options are the God awful Knicks or the reality TV show known as the Brooklyn Nets.

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I have an Android app I watch all the games on. Worked well so far. 

Finally got his wish. 5th team in 8 years as the #2 pick and 2X all star says a lot imo. Maybe he will actually stick there since he so desperately wanted to play there. Or maybe another team will “quit” on him again... either way lmao at Houston. 

4 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

Finally got his wish. 5th team in 8 years as the #2 pick and 2X all star says a lot imo. Maybe he will actually stick there since he so desperately wanted to play there. Or maybe another team will “quit” on him again... either way lmao at Houston. 

I just looked at Miami's contracts for next year, Victor ain't staying there outside of a mid level exemption haha.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/miami-heat/cap/2021/

Vic injured his right knee again on a dunk against the Lakers, being evaluated and unclear right now how long he'll be out, same knee he had that quad injury to when with the Pacers. 

Classy statement by Jimmy Butler:

"We definitely need that guy," Heat forward Jimmy Butler said Thursday night. "We want him back. Playing the way he played today, making shots, getting to the cup, getting to the line and getting everyone else involved. ... We all want that guy to be OK."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31225173/miami-heat-victor-oladipo-not-traveling-team-west-coast-trip

9 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Vic staying with the Heat on a 1-year minimum deal. Had previously turned down that $45M extension with the Rockets...

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31958256/victor-oladipo-agrees-stay-miami-heat-1-year-deal-source-says

And a max from the Pacers. Oopsie. 

He's a fool. Could have been a living legend in Indiana. Now... meh

Any truth to the rumors the bad blood with the Pacers started with the team wanting to kneel for national Anthem and he didn’t want to? That is what I was hearing. Prior to that, I thought it had to do with the management of his Injury. Anyone have the facts? Loved him as a Hoosier, always will, but his actions of late have tarnished my view of him.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

52 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Any truth to the rumors the bad blood with the Pacers started with the team wanting to kneel for national Anthem and he didn’t want to? That is what I was hearing. Prior to that, I thought it had to do with the management of his Injury. Anyone have the facts? Loved him as a Hoosier, always will, but his actions of late have tarnished my view of him.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I always thought it was from his management team being a group of bumbling idiots. Don’t think Vic surrounded himself with the brightest bulbs in the chandelier, which is entirely on him. He has since dumped most of them I believe. 

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

I always thought it was from his management team being a group of bumbling idiots. Don’t think Vic surrounded himself with the brightest bulbs in the chandelier, which is entirely on him. He has since dumped most of them I believe. 

Hopefully his has for his sake

18 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Vic staying with the Heat on a 1-year minimum deal. Had previously turned down that $45M extension with the Rockets...

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31958256/victor-oladipo-agrees-stay-miami-heat-1-year-deal-source-says

Vic has Paul George written all over him!  LOL, sorry bro couldn't resist.

Seriously though Vic has had me scratching my head for quite some time now.  I don't know if I have ever seen an IU legend go from "hero" to "zero" quite so fast.