Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Victor Oladipo - Memphis Grizzlies

2 hours ago, Rico said:

Vic has Paul George written all over him!  LOL, sorry bro couldn't resist.

Seriously though Vic has had me scratching my head for quite some time now.  I don't know if I have ever seen an IU legend go from "hero" to "zero" quite so fast.

It sucks for him. In fairness to him, or his bumbling advisors, he didn't anticipate another serious leg injury that would sideline him for such extended time. His stock would still be great if he didn't go through more injuries, and in that regard he's kind of snake bitten. 

29 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

It sucks for him. In fairness to him, or his bumbling advisors, he didn't anticipate another serious leg injury that would sideline him for such extended time. His stock would still be great if he didn't go through more injuries, and in that regard he's kind of snake bitten. 

Yep.  What's done is done.  Wish him the best...but will think a lot of what could have been.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Watching the Miami Heat game., and Vic…

IS BACK!

Took a charge about 20 seconds into his first appearance.

Big get for the already 1st place Heat. Gonna need him to find a good groove and get his game legs back in these few weeks. If he can give them 8-10 points and some defense, Miami could win the East.... Depending on matchups. 

23 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Vic with a four steal second half—he was so so good tonight. Heat with a gut check win without Butler after halftime.

I really don’t give a rat’s behind about whatever Pacers fans think. His second home has always been Bloomington and IU, not Indy.

One of the great Hoosiers is making a move for a ring with a great comeback from so many physical challenges.

Don't know exactly what went wrong here in Indy, but the local media (Greg Doyel) rip him on a constant basis. I don't follow the NBA that closely so I just think of him from his IU days.

Holy **** Vic.

heat off to a terrible start, go the first half of the first quarter without a field goal in game four of the conference finals.

Vic comes in with them down 20, has an 11 point quarter and has 11 of their 16 points.

15 hours ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

CTC must be so proud.

Lol I know everyone likes to poke fun at CTC for his repeated references to deflections, but hey, he was right. Deflections are part of good D, and Vic has it in spades. The fun pointing kind of misses the point, no?

8 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Lol I know everyone likes to poke fun at CTC for his repeated references to deflections, but hey, he was right. Deflections are part of good D, and Vic has it in spades. The fun pointing kind of misses the point, no?

No.

8 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Deflections are great.  No one denies it.  The dichotomy was Crean would rave about deflections in part because it’s an indicator of active, energetic, engaged defense.  The dichotomy part, was some of those same teams would play complete matador defense on the perimeter and let guys make wide open layups without any contest at the rim.  

Stay in front of your man first, get deflections second please, Tom Crean.  

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier

16 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Deflections are great.  No one denies it.  The dichotomy was Crean would rave about deflections in part because it’s an indicator of active, energetic, engaged defense.  The dichotomy part, was some of those same teams would play complete matador defense on the perimeter and let guys make wide open layups without any contest at the rim.  

Stay in front of your man first, get deflections second please, Tom Crean.  

Crean was not a good defensive coach, lol, just wasn’t— but i think you’re reading in a bit here, his enthusiasm over deflections was always mocked, but active D and deflections go together and on that he wasn’t wrong

24 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Crean was not a good defensive coach, lol, just wasn’t— but i think you’re reading in a bit here, his enthusiasm over deflections was always mocked, but active D and deflections go together and on that he wasn’t wrong

I think you are missing the irony here.   It’s illustrative that Crean often times “Couldn’t see the Forrest for the Trees”