Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Hovadipo

Under the Radar Teams in the Country

I've often expressed my disdain for Bleacher Report, but we made the list, so I won't complain about this one. Can this not be a Crean thread? Thanks.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2217158-under-the-radar-college-basketball-teams-most-likely-to-do-damage-in-2014-15

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

To see where so called experts predict us is truly dissapointing should we really b this bad or r they taking coaching into consideration. Sorry Hava but I didnt say c word directly

Read the last sentence not in parenthesis. We have the talent in the back court 1-3 that could make us a tournament team. But 4-5 we are undersized, under staffed, and have limited experience. That's why I keep saying Troy will be playing some 5 this year which in a guard oriented team may give us the best chance to be successful.

Read the last sentence not in parenthesis. We have the talent in the back court 1-3 that could make us a tournament team. But 4-5 we are undersized, under staffed, and have limited experience. That's why I keep saying Troy will be playing some 5 this year which in a guard oriented team may give us the best chance to be successful.

I know but we should b better than this I think but we will see

I know but we should b better than this I think but we will see

Who's gonna rebound? If Hanner gets in foul trouble like he has in the past and with every team we play going right at him from the start, what do we have in the post? I think we need to avg 100 ppg if we have any chance to be successful. That probably sounds crazy to most but our strength is scoring and running. Of course our opponents will try to Wisconsin us to death that's why Crean & Co better be thinking of ways to combat this. First would be conditioning since we will have a lot of players playing major minutes. Secondly, Crean needs to have every press and trap studied up on to keep our opponents from the paint and exploiting our heigth defficiency. Third, if the fast break is not there look to secondary break for your 3 ball options. I can tell you our opponents will not give us an open 3 unless its Yogi. They want him to shoot every chance he gets which keeps him from facilitating and us from winning. While his 17+ points looked good last year for stats, it didn't and won't win us enough games to get us dancing. Fourth zone d in halfcourt and be working everyday on weakside rebounds.

Is the gap between John Beilein and Tom Crean really so wide that Beilein can lead a four-guard lineup to the Sweet 16 but Crean can't even get an undersized team into the tournament?

Since coming to Indiana, Crean has fared fairly well against Beileins Michigan teams, even though Michigan was favored in most of the contests.

I've been really down on Crean since last season. But in your scenario I don't think the gap is so much Crean vs. Beilein, as it's Perea vs. Jordan Morgan. If Perea averages 9 and 5 and is on the Big Ten All-Defensive Team then IU will be damn good this year. That's the production Michigan got from Morgan in the past.

If Perea plays 15-20 minutes a night, averaged 4 and 3 and is constantly fouling out, then we'll struggle.

Is the gap between John Beilein and Tom Crean really so wide that Beilein can lead a four-guard lineup to the Sweet 16 but Crean can't even get an undersized team into the tournament?

Since coming to Indiana, Crean has fared fairly well against Beileins Michigan teams, even though Michigan was favored in most of the contests.

This team reminds me of the Duke squad of last year. Really talented team in the backcourt and on the wings but was really thin inside. My guys struggled to rebound the ball last season and it showed in the box scored and cost them some games. Duke started 6'9" Amile Jefferson at the 5 and he played his ass off. Just going to take that extra effort to put a body on someone and get those boards. People might disagree with the comparison but I'm not comparing the players I'm just comparing the makeup of the teams size wise and depth. IU will be fine if they can knock down shots and prevent penetration in the lane that could get the bigs in foul trouble.

Thanks BlueDevil---I was thinking it was decent. We could live with that this year!

Yeah of course bari and hood willed them to some victories that's why I don't like to compare the actual players on the teams but the makeup of the squads is similar. Guard heavy.