Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Walking Boot of Doom

(2016) SG Bruce Brown to Miami

If we do indeed land BB, I will be extremely pleased. Add one of Thon/Rawle, and I'm seriously geeked for the next season. This would be the perfect counter punch to the initial punch by the MSU Spartans. We only have to deal with Miles Bridges for a season and I like our roster when you consider who we likely return.  

I love the idea of targeting the high to mid 4 star guys because a lot of them will stay past their freshman year. I would take 3-4 high to mid level 4 star sophomores vs. 3-4 5 star freshman more often than not. Seems like a logical recruiting strategy.

Then, throw in an occasional 5 star one and done as icing on the cake.

Cheers to BB! See you on Wednesday!

I love the idea of targeting the high to mid 4 star guys because a lot of them will stay past their freshman year. I would take 3-4 high to mid level 4 star sophomores vs. 3-4 5 star freshman more often than not. Seems like a logical recruiting strategy.

Then, throw in an occasional 5 star one and done as icing on the cake.

Cheers to BB! See you on Wednesday!

Plus its one we can win right now with enough work. 

I can't say it enough. Bruce Brown is truly a spectacular defender. He's an absolute game changer on that end. He's no slouch offensively either. It's just not many talk about his offensive game due to the fact that his defensive ability is the most glaring. He's 5 star on that end IMO.

I don't think we need defensive players though. I mean, I've never seen us play defense so that doesn't seem like a good fit.

Like a walker on a wheelchair basketball team.

Is that because we are opposed to it, or simply because we have had defensive liabilities at the guard spots.  Yogi can't grow 3 inches and JBJ clearly doesn't want to play D.  Brown and hopefully Alkins wouldn't have those problems.