Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Walking Boot of Doom

(2016) SG Bruce Brown to Miami

And we had trouble scoring. Playing a big front court means giving up a more traditional shooter and we couldn't afford it.

I think the problem there was the lack of people able to shoot. Will did awful and Yogi was nowhere near where he is now.

On a limited sample. And he didn't have a midrange shot, just a good long shot. I don't know that it would have helped enough.

In any event, injuries and transfers made sure we never found out.

Fischer didn't miss a regular season game due to injury!!! He missed the exhibitions and left before the first B1G game. The reason they didnt play together had NOTHING to do with Luke's preseason injury that was healed before the start of the season. It was bc the Coach refused to play the two together. This isnt me sitting here and trying to make up a bs reason to hate our coach. Its me stating that Deron Davis playing alongside TB is a legitimate question mark bc we've had the opportunity for something similar and Crean opted against it.

To get back on topic:Bruce Brown is an awesome player and I hope we land him

Fischer didn't miss a regular season game due to injury!!! He missed the exhibitions and left before the first B1G game. The reason they didnt play together had NOTHING to do with Luke's preseason injury that was healed before the start of the season. It was bc the Coach refused to play the two together. This isnt me sitting here and trying to make up a bs reason to hate our coach. Its me stating that Deron Davis playing alongside TB is a legitimate question mark bc we've had the opportunity for something similar and Crean opted against it.

To get back on topic:Bruce Brown is an awesome player and I hope we land him

The insistence on playing Hollowell 30 minutes a game may have had an effect on Fishers decision..

This isnt me sitting here and trying to make up a bs reason to hate our coach. Its me stating that Deron Davis playing alongside TB is a legitimate question mark bc we've had the opportunity for something similar and Crean opted against it.

It is only a question mark because you are using the wrong comparison. A Bryant/Davis combo is much more comparable to the Watford/Zeller combo than Vonleh/Fischer. Vonleh and Fischer were interchangeable but not complimentary players, Watford and Zeller were complimentary players like Bryant and Davis would be. The real question is if Brown, Davis and Kegler all commit, would Davis and Kegler both be on the floor at the same time along with Brown and Bryant? That amount of size would truly be unprecedented in recent years.

It is only a question mark because you are using the wrong comparison. A Bryant/Davis combo is much more comparable to the Watford/Zeller combo than Vonleh/Fischer. Vonleh and Fischer were interchangeable but not complimentary players, Watford and Zeller were complimentary players like Bryant and Davis would be. The real question is if Brown, Davis and Kegler all commit, would Davis and Kegler both be on the floor at the same time along with Brown and Bryant? That amount of size would truly be unprecedented in recent years.

They better be able to or else Kegler won't commit to IU.

It is only a question mark because you are using the wrong comparison. A Bryant/Davis combo is much more comparable to the Watford/Zeller combo than Vonleh/Fischer. Vonleh and Fischer were interchangeable but not complimentary players, Watford and Zeller were complimentary players like Bryant and Davis would be. The real question is if Brown, Davis and Kegler all commit, would Davis and Kegler both be on the floor at the same time along with Brown and Bryant? That amount of size would truly be unprecedented in recent years.

Fair point. I never thought of it this way. Nice way of putting it.