Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
hothoosiersmom5

Troy and I when he was 5. Troy and I now!!

Speaking of ole Mookie...

@IndianaMBB: #IUBB Canada Highlights: Troy Williams http://t.co/mDWTKZC4QL

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Thank you. You just made me want the season to hurry up and start even more. I know on a personal level, Troy had been working REALLY HARD, this past summer. He only spent 3 days home with me.

I actually really like Dakich usually. I appreciate his honesty, but stop listening when he's going out of his way to rip someone.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

I did, I put my tv on MUTE

A lot of us fans (including me) don't like to hear anything negative about our favorite team/school. With that being said, I don't think Dakich was too far off with his criticism of last season. Please don't hate on me too much.

But, he was terrible before that, and honestly I hate hearing him call any other game too. Even in games when we're playing really well he looks for some way to bring the play down "Oladipo makes another 360 dunk to take the lead to 22, Hoosiers really need to speed up their transitions". I mean, listening to him call any OSU game and rant on about Craft?

He just relies SO heavily on those meaningless phrases everyone hates "he's got great basketball IQ" "First in the gym" he's like Basketball Madden "you have to score more than the other side". And he obsesses over things. Just terrible.

But, I don't want to take over this thread with that, so I'll lay off.

Do you have any pictures of Troy playing BBall when he was real real young? That would be adorable. 

I think this is exactly what brings the ugly words out of my mouth while watching games. A player gets hot and suddenly they are sitting on the bench. Head shaker

I've droned on and on about this for years. Player X will make a great play and get fouled. Hit both FTs then gets subbed. Really? I could see it if he was exhausted but that never seems to be the case with any Crean sub.

Hearing the same from HHM5 ratchets it up a notch. Granted, Troy had some TOs that he needed a little talk about but..... All freshman do. Crean needs to feel the flow of the game and not be so strict to his pregame plan.

But, he was terrible before that, and honestly I hate hearing him call any other game too. Even in games when we're playing really well he looks for some way to bring the play down "Oladipo makes another 360 dunk to take the lead to 22, Hoosiers really need to speed up their transitions". I mean, listening to him call any OSU game and rant on about Craft?

He just relies SO heavily on those meaningless phrases everyone hates "he's got great basketball IQ" "First in the gym" he's like Basketball Madden "you have to score more than the other side". And he obsesses over things. Just terrible.

But, I don't want to take over this thread with that, so I'll lay off.

Do you have any pictures of Troy playing BBall when he was real real young? That would be adorable.

There at my mom's house. I will post one. I hope Troy doesn't see it. He will kill me!! LMBO!!!

Come on YALL they weren't that bad to have 3 Freshman, starting straight out of high school bball playing. I can't say that I blame the guys, but I do blame a lot of that On SUBBING ( hummmmm, CREAN)!!! I know I was pissed a lot. Like that game at Madison Square Gardens on Nov. 21. I may be bias but Troy played extremely well with high score of 22 points and they won, but the next night Crean decided, for UNKNOWN REASONINGS, not to play Troy that much and he only had 1 foul by the end of the game. I asked my son what happened because he was hot as Fish Grease but he said I have NO DAMN IDEA MOM!! So I will see how this plays out this year. And pray really hard that I don't curse him ( Crean) out, AGAIN. LOL

I feel ya on that one!  Troy got off to a red hot start in that first game against Washington, and then that next game we play what turns out to be eventual National Champion UCONN, and he barely plays and we lose by one damn point!  Oh well, I see what ya mean though, we had some nice wins last year, and reason for optimism in the fact that we played well at times without great perimeter shooting except for Yogi.  This year we will be much much better in that department, and that should translate to more balance, better subbing, and improved chemistry.  Cheers....

Come on YALL they weren't that bad to have 3 Freshman, starting straight out of high school bball playing. I can't say that I blame the guys, but I do blame a lot of that On SUBBING ( hummmmm, CREAN)!!! I know I was pissed a lot. Like that game at Madison Square Gardens on Nov. 21. I may be bias but Troy played extremely well with high score of 22 points and they won, but the next night Crean decided, for UNKNOWN REASONINGS, not to play Troy that much and he only had 1 foul by the end of the game. I asked my son what happened because he was hot as Fish Grease but he said I have NO DAMN IDEA MOM!! So I will see how this plays out this year. And pray really hard that I don't curse him ( Crean) out, AGAIN. LOL

I feel ya on that one! Troy got off to a red hot start in that first game against Washington, and then that next game we play what turns out to be eventual National Champion UCONN, and he barely plays and we lose by one damn point! Oh well, I see what ya mean though, we had some nice wins last year, and reason for optimism in the fact that we played well at times without great perimeter shooting except for Yogi. This year we will be much much better in that department, and that should translate to more balance, better subbing, and improved chemistry. Cheers....

BACKATCHA!!!!

I appreciate your honesty regarding your feelings as well as Troys regarding some of the head scratching coaching during games. I would like to tell you it will get better, but in year 7 I would suggest the praying really hard part. Also, loved to hear how you were animated during the one game. Obviously, you are educated in basketball ways and being a mom of one of our very own players gives you the right to convey your feelings. Quite frankly, they match many of my own. Please keep it up.

I appreciate your honesty regarding your feelings as well as Troys regarding some of the head scratching coaching during games. I would like to tell you it will get better, but in year 7 I would suggest the praying really hard part. Also, loved to hear how you were animated during the one game. Obviously, you are educated in basketball ways and being a mom of one of our very own players gives you the right to convey your feelings. Quite frankly, they match many of my own. Please keep it up.

Thank you but I have to learn self-control with my temper and my mouth but when you only have one child and you have been through sweat, tears and hard work right beside them the entire time and I HAVE SEEN AND WITNESSED coaches abuse him, misuse him, hurt him and down right almost make him dislike a sport he loves then only a true, loving PARENT is going to fight for their child. I HAVE BEEN THROUGH IT ALL WITH MY ONLY AND ONLY BABYBOI.

Sports will do that to you---Hothoosiersmom5!  You always have those coaches (not referring to Crean here) who have their favorites--- or are told who to play--- or are just idiots!  Sports at the youth, high school, and even college levels has its own set of internal politics and head games that go on!  It takes a lot for the kids and parents to navigate it sometimes without losing their minds---or at least their tempers!  Hope all continues to go well for Troy!

Sports will do that to you---Hothoosiersmom5! You always have those coaches (not referring to Crean here) who have their favorites--- or are told who to play--- or are just idiots! Sports at the youth, high school, and even college levels has its own set of internal politics and head games that go on! It takes a lot for the kids and parents to navigate it sometimes without losing their minds---or at least their tempers! Hope all continues to go well for Troy!

Thank you