Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2015) SG LaGerald Vick to Kansas

CC thanks for posting, but are we really going after more 2 guards? Crean should be spending his time camped out on a post or power forward's doorstep. This recruiting is just mind boggling. JB2, Stan, Johnson and Yogi will be back yet who's gonna rebound? I hope we plan on avg 125 a game cause with only guards you better score a lot of points.

CC thanks for posting, but are we really going after more 2 guards? Crean should be spending his time camped out on a post or power forward's doorstep. This recruiting is just mind boggling. JB2, Stan, Johnson and Yogi will be back yet who's gonna rebound? I hope we plan on avg 125 a game cause with only guards you better score a lot of points.

Hey...we just signed a big for 2015! That leaves us April, Priller, Perea, Davis, Holt, and Morgan for the 4/5 spots the year after this one. 

The most likely candidates to leave? Yogi, Nick Z (both to graduation), Troy, JB2 (to pros).

If those spots open we will need wings in a major way.

Hey...we just signed a big for 2015! That leaves us April, Priller, Perea, Davis, Holt, and Morgan for the 4/5 spots the year after this one. 

The most likely candidates to leave? Yogi, Nick Z (both to graduation), Troy, JB2 (to pros).

If those spots open we will need wings in a major way.

Yogi graduates? Thought he had one more year. JB2 will not be a one and done. Troy maybe but I'll advised... look at Vic's progression. April and Priller...just don't see it. Davis, Holt, and Morgan I wouldn't call big men but I'm optomistic on all three. I still think we lack real size so I think our recruiting should be focused there. I will say Vick looks to be a very nice player though. Good hops, penetration and shooting although this tape is limited. I think he duplicates what we already have instead of completing a champ team.

From Future150

Scout’s Notes:

LeGerald has emerged as one of the most polished shooting guards in the country for the 2015 class. He is an explosive athlete who can get to the rim, but what sets him apart is his ability to shoot the ball from the perimeter.
College Projection:

High-Major
Complete Rankings:

Player Grade: 92 (4-Star)
National Rank: 83
Position Rank: 29
State Rank: 2

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

From Memphis newspaper:

The moment came last season against Raleigh-Egypt, when Douglass junior guard LaGerald Vick caught his own pass off the backboard and completed a 360-degree dunk.

"People were running out of the gym (with excitement)," said his AAU coach, Norton Hurd.

Most of the Class of 2015 talk in Memphis is focused on ECS forward and pro prospect Skal Labissiere and University of Memphis commitment K.J. Lawson. But Hurd said he felt at that moment he had, in Vick, the best shooting guard in the state on his AAU team.

Vick, a finalist in Class AA for Mr. Basketball last season, describes himself as a slasher. But Hurd said he's just as capable at shooting the ball, both off the catch and in the pick-and-roll. Vick has offers from Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Tennessee and California, with the University of Memphis and Auburn showing considerable interest.

Vick (6-5, 175) said he will unofficially visit the Volunteers next month.

"He's a special player," Hurd said. "It's hard to describe it. He has a body frame and a style of play like (former Tiger) Will Barton. He's just so athletic."

In an AAU practice earlier this year, Vick dunked on 7-foot center and teammate Nick Marshall. Vick also had a 41-point game during the season against Whitehaven, in which Hurd said his wing was doing everything from hitting step-back jumpers to dunking on his opponents.

"Even the Whitehaven fans couldn't sit down," Hurd said.

As exciting as Vick's game may be, it's taken time for recruiting services to appreciate it. He is unranked on rivals.com. Type his name into the scout.com database, and the results read: "No Players Found."

"Some people respect me, some people don't," Vick said. "All the rankings motivate me. I know I should be in there. It keeps me in the gym a little longer."

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners