Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

Ray Rice cut by Ravens

he admitted using a tree branch of sorts...and stating that was how he was disciplined as a youth as well...

rich, high profile, divorced fathers are in a world of trouble, if they expect society to relate to their hard upbringing...

Regarding AD, let's bear in mind here that not only did he inflict that damage upon his own son, he did so having already lost a child due to abuse from another man. 

I hope I'm not misinterpreting what you're saying, but there's a HUGE difference between what the man did when he ended up killing AD's son and AD correcting his son with a switch. I've personally been spanked using a switch. It stings like hell, leaves temporary welts, and creates a painful reminder to stop doing whatever it was that was deemed inappropriate. BUT, my life was never in danger from a spanking, and I dare say neither was this boy's. I would say that AD probably spanked him too many times, and if reports are accurate of the boy being only four, it was a bit too early for that type of punishment.

In all honesty and full disclosure, I've been a Minnesota Viking fan since 1968, so perhaps there may be a bit of bias, but I'd like to think that I'm objective enough to see things for what they are. Ray Rice strikes me as a thug and his actions toward his wife were meant only to hurt her. AD's actions, though perhaps OTT, weren't meant as much to physically hurt the boy, as they were to correct wrong actions.

I seen something interesting on twitter.

Why is Rice and Peterson such villains, but Hope Solo got almost no backlash?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Domestic abuse by women doesn't get the same attention as it does from men.  Actress Emma Roberts was once arrested for domestic violence too.

Domestic abuse by women doesn't get the same attention as it does from men. Actress Emma Roberts was once arrested for domestic violence too.

I know, it's just complete BS in my opinion.

I know, it's just complete BS in my opinion.

It also doesn't help that she's a soccer player. You could probably ask quite a few sports fans and they'd have no clue who she is. She's a total tool though. Can't stand her.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I seen something interesting on twitter.

Why is Rice and Peterson such villains, but Hope Solo got almost no backlash?

she's catching heat on reddit as well...by some...

their whole argument is that she hasn't been convicted of anything yet, and wasn't filmed doing anything...

if she's found guilty of assault, and faces no backlash or suspension, then I think you see more of an uproar.

I realize my position is neither politically correct nor popular, but why must we pronounce judgment and pass sentence ahead of our court system? If this were any other person, I can't believe photos of a child having received extreme lashings would have been made public; if for no other reason than it would have most definitely compromised the defendant's right to a fair trial, and indeed, may have so enraged the general public that even in guilt, the punishment would far exceeds the crime and its particulars. I think what everyone fails to remember is that that even in guilt, there are extenuating circumstances which factor in to the level of punishment one fairly receives. Those circumstances in no way eliminate that person's guilt, but they sure can affect both the punishment and perception of that person by the general public. I simply can't believe we've arrived at a point in our society where we're willing to destroy a person's life, take away their livelihood, fine them, suspend them, vilify them in the community, and make them a pariah, before a single juror has been seated, or a case brought to trial. Court cases are not conducted simply by looking at photos, and punishment is not meted, or shouldn't be meted out using blackmail, extortion and political manipulation. 

I realize my position is neither politically correct nor popular, but why must we pronounce judgment and pass sentence ahead of our court system? If this were any other person, I can't believe photos of a child having received extreme lashings would have been made public; if for no other reason than it would have most definitely compromised the defendant's right to a fair trial, and indeed, may have so enraged the general public that even in guilt, the punishment would far exceeds the crime and its particulars. I think what everyone fails to remember is that that even in guilt, there are extenuating circumstances which factor in to the level of punishment one fairly receives. Those circumstances in no way eliminate that person's guilt, but they sure can affect both the punishment and perception of that person by the general public. I simply can't believe we've arrived at a point in our society where we're willing to destroy a person's life, take away their livelihood, fine them, suspend them, vilify them in the community, and make them a pariah, before a single juror has been seated, or a case brought to trial. Court cases are not conducted simply by looking at photos, and punishment is not meted, or shouldn't be meted out using blackmail, extortion and political manipulation.

I feel you on this. Hard to find an impartial jury now.

It's a celebrity. There is no such thing as a fair court trial. Joe Schmo gets a dui and loses his license, job, livelihood, etc while 'insert famous name here' receives a small fine and back at it on Monday.

While I see your point, the public has a right to call foul. It goes both ways.

Sent from the can using BtownBanners