Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Jordan Hulls - IUBB Recruiting Coordinator

3rd blog entry from Jordan on the eve of Hoosier Hysteria.

JOURNAL ENTRY #3: HOOSIER HYSTERIA 

Hoosier Hysteria — There is nothing else like it.  Go out and see the Hoosiers and bring canned goods for those in need, what an awesome way to spend an evening.

I’ll never forget my first Hoosier Hysteria experience as a player, there is something special about running out in front of a sold out crowd for the first time with the guys that have become your brothers.  Pre-season is tough, mentally and physically, as our coaches are getting us ready for the season.  Hoosier Hysteria serves as a chance to show all the fans exactly what you have all been working on but also makes you realize just how special Hoosier Nation is, especially when it’s your first time in front of sold out crowd in Assembly Hall.

My guy, @LukeBilotta, asked me on Twitter what some of my favorite memories were of Hoosier Hysteria.  As I said, I will never forget my first Hoosier Hysteria, running out there in my candy stripes for the first time as a hometown kid who had seen so many of my favorite players do before me.

However, my favorite year of Hoosier Hysteria was my last one going into my Senior year when Sage Steele was our MC, which was awesome.  Even though it wasn’t my first Hoosier Hysteria, it still was just as special because I knew it was going to be my last.  I made sure to cherish every moment because the years had flown by and let’s be real, there’s nothing else like Indiana basketball.  It also helped that we had so much hype by being pre-season number one and having a great group of guys, we all were brothers and loved competing with one another so we could become the best team we could be.

We had fun with Derek telling stories, Sage doing her thing with making it all flow, and then we all competed and showed people exactly what we were all about.  The three point contests were always fun to compete in but we switched up the rules it seemed like every year so let’s just put asterisks next to whoever won…

For the guys on this year’s team who are experiencing their first Hoosier Hysteria, I would tell them to take it all in because it all goes by so fast.  Also, once the night is over the real work begins!  This year is also a special Hysteria because of the new renovations made to Assembly Hall, it will be an exciting time for everyone because they’ll get to see the new and improved facility as well as the new group of Hoosiers.

I have obviously been away from BTown and haven’t seen any of the completed renovations in person, but I have been able to see quite a few videos on the improvements… It’s unreal.  I must say I can’t wait to see them in person but from what I can, everyone will be overjoyed with the accommodations and upgrades to the Indiana basketball experience.  My favorite part about what they were able to do with the renovations was that they kept the tradition, history, and nostalgia of Assembly Hall intact while providing the wide variety of necessary upgrades to enhance the fan experience.

Since I’ve graduated, I haven’t been able to see a game in person, which is sad really, but I can’t wait for the first game I get to see live, especially now in the new and improved facility.

For now, I’ll be with you all in spirit and cheering on our Hoosiers from across the pond.

As a former player, I am forever grateful to have played in the best gym in the country and in front of the greatest fans in the country.  I’ll always remember my first and last Hoosier Hysteria.  As an Indiana kid attending “Midnight Madness”, I understood the tradition and the meaning of what those nights represented and I loved every second of it.

There’s nothing else like Indiana Basketball.

Latest blog from Jordan.  Even if you're not really interested in reading it, at least open the link and look at the outfit they've already purchased for their future baby boy.

http://albersangle.com/index.php/2016/11/01/inside-the-life-of-jordan-hulls-goodbyes-are-never-easy/#more-968

20 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Another Q and A from Jordan.  This one includes descriptions of some of their more demanding practice sessions.

http://albersangle.com/4-just-interesting-questions-jordan-hulls/

Geez Jordy - great Hoosier and a great role model, but not even one beer the night of the Watshot?!?

I'm thinking we need to set Jordy up for a night of "Sips with Nips" if he ever gets to the west coast of Florida.