Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hutch89

Sporting News Picks IU to finish 10th in B1G

As found on ITH:   http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/09/03/sporting-news-picks-indiana-to-finish-10th-in-big-ten/

"The complete predicted Big Ten order of finish: Wisconsin, Michigan State, Ohio State, Nebraska, Michigan, Iowa, Maryland, Illinois, Minnesota, Indiana, Penn State, Purdue, Northwestern, Rutgers."

What do you all think? 

As found on ITH:   http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/09/03/sporting-news-picks-indiana-to-finish-10th-in-big-ten/

"The complete predicted Big Ten order of finish: Wisconsin, Michigan State, Ohio State, Nebraska, Michigan, Iowa, Maryland, Illinois, Minnesota, Indiana, Penn State, Purdue, Northwestern, Rutgers."

What do you all think? 

I would have O$U in front of Izzo State. Maryland has a very good recruiting class coming in and they are returning solid players, but it's hard to imagine them having more success than us. I think Wisco, OSU and Nebraska are all clearly the top three. Then Minne, PSU, PU, NW and Rutgers are the bottom teams. I think Michigan, Mich State, Iowa, MD, Illinois and IU could all end up anywhere between 4 and 9. Obviously Mich State and Michigan are more likely to be top 5, but I really think its pretty wide open.

If this really happens I think our coach might get creaned!

I really cant see this team being as bad as last years. They were disfunctional.

No shooters,chemestry issues and some really strange coaching.

Hopefully coach has learned from his mistakes.

If this really happens I think our coach might get creaned!

I really cant see this team being as bad as last years. They were disfunctional.

No shooters,chemestry issues and some really strange coaching.

Hopefully coach has learned from his mistakes.

Not to start the cycle again but I don't think coach would be gone if we finished 10th.  I know the fan base would collectively crap a brick but I don't think it would happen.  (**note** this is not my opinion on if he should stay or go, just my thoughts on if he would actually be fired)

In all seriousness though, I think rankings like this are good for this team. Crean is a master at talking up the underdog factor. I feel like most guys on this team will feed off of that, along with their own feeling of disrespect from the rankings. Playing "with a chip on their shoulder" is probably the single most annoying cliche ever, but I think that's what we'll see from this team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Not to start the cycle again but I don't think coach would be gone if we finished 10th.  I know the fan base would collectively crap a brick but I don't think it would happen.  (**note** this is not my opinion on if he should stay or go, just my thoughts on if he would actually be fired)

I dont think so either but I would have to think this staff would have to start circling the wagons.

I was just trying to be funny with the creaned thing.

It might also be worth noting that Sporting News just listed the top teams in order of preseason ranking 

"
Four Big Ten teams made the preseason top 25: Wisconsin (3), Michigan State (18), Ohio State (21), Nebraska (22)."

Maybe the preseason ranking is weighed upon too heavily here.  But I guess we'll see!

In all seriousness though, I think rankings like this are good for this team. Crean is a master at talking up the underdog factor. I feel like most guys on this team will feed off of that, along with their own feeling of disrespect from the rankings. Playing "with a chip on their shoulder" is probably the single most annoying cliche ever, but I think that's what we'll see from this team.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Nail meet head. This excites and saddens me.

It really all comes down to the fact that no one really knows about our team. They see one 5* recruit and a young team. But those of us that follow IU know that Yogi isn't the only player on this team. If Troy and Stan improve only slightly, we will be better than last year, let alone Hanner and DD. Sporting News isn't really expecting anyone to be much better besides Nebraska, they just expect us to remain the same.