Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
rebelhoosier848891

Most Costly IU Injuries of All Time

One of the big things we need to do this year is escape the major injury bug---and get Colin and April healthy.  While waiting for the season to start--what are some of the most costly IU injuries of all time?  Anything goes--it could have cost us a national championship, ruined a player's career, or just hurt us for part or all of a season.

I am throwing you a curve ball and going with Pat Graham. Us Southern Indiana boys were so looking forward to watching him perform after epic battles with Damon Bailey in high school in which I think they both went for over 30/40 points. Pat Graham was a big guard and a McDonalds AA and had a PURE--SWEET shot. I was so looking forward to watching him light it up at IU. His career was cut short at IU by diabetes/foot problems and he was left to the bench and never got his chance to shine.

What could have been.....OK Hoosier Nation----who you got?

I've heard announcers talk about how good Glen Grunwald was before his injury. That was before my time, but Hendu going down was a big one I remember. With him, Cheaney and crew had a good chance to win it all. I remember Cheaney giving Pat Graham the trophy for a tournament they won when Pat was hurt. Pat was also a very good player.

Scotty May's broken arm cost us a national championship. That one hurt. But when Landon Turner's basketball career was cut short after he helped us win a national championship, his injury was devastating. He would have come back for his senior season and the NBA after that.

Scotty May's broken arm cost us a national championship. That one hurt. But when Landon Turner's basketball career was cut short after he helped us win a national championship, his injury was devastating. He would have come back for his senior season and the NBA after that.

Great pull, Lock...completely forgot about Turner...I would put that one at 2 or 3 and Pat Graham's at 4 or 5

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Landon Turner's injury almost cost his life. It does put all the others into a different perspective.

Very true...I don't know if any of you have watched it, but the B1G Network did an expose on that 1981 team, and Ray Tolbert holds nothing back on telling about the life of Landon Turner...good and bad...of course, the two are still best friends to this day, and Tolbert has taken on some of Landon's needs...but a great story to check out if you haven't already.

Very true...I don't know if any of you have watched it, but the B1G Network did an expose on that 1981 team, and Ray Tolbert holds nothing back on telling about the life of Landon Turner...good and bad...of course, the two are still best friends to this day, and Tolbert has taken on some of Landon's needs...but a great story to check out if you haven't already.

B1G Elite is the name I think. Awesome show all around.

Kitchel's back injury in 83 was costly. We were ranked #2 when he went down late in the season but rallied to win the Big10, leading to RMK hanging the conference banner to honor the fans. Tourney was rough without Ted and we fell to UK.

1980 team was pre-season number 1 and looking good until Woodson herniated a disc in his back. He came back later in the year and played well, but wasn't at 100%. We lost to freaking PU in the tourney.

While both teams would have had solid chances to hang banners, what is appalling is they lead to tourney losses to our two rivals. Ugh.