Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

High School Football

On 8/29/2020 at 8:29 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Had I wagered on this game I would have lost my house, both cars and all 3 grandkids.   Incredible win for such a small school.

Pioneer knocked off Andrean in a thriller regional game.  Should dispatch of Lafayette Central Catholic in the semistate.

Pioneer has been taking the big boys to the cleaners.  Anderan is no joke -- their 2A designation is a farce.  They were 4A just a few years ago due to success factor and their only loss this year was to a 6A semistate team.  Also beat a 4A semistate team.

The IHSAA is such a joke.  With the semistate games this weekend being limited capacity -- counties in orange to 25%, counties in red parents and guardians only -- they are selling video streams to single games for $15 or the stream to all games for $21.

On the surface, that's not bad -- it allows fans to see the games when seating is limited.  But they then ban any other live stream of games -- schools participating can't stream their own games, which a lot of schools have been doing with their own school radio and tv programs.  

So what this does is force fans to pony up $15 to watch the game.  The result is likely to be bars streaming games to bring customers in or groups (the school I teach at is hosting semistate but are in red -- lots of covid cases -- and the theatre downtown is going to stream the game which is going to put tons of people in close proximity to each other to watch it) of fans chipping in and watching it together. 

9 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Pioneer knocked off Andrean in a thriller regional game.  Should dispatch of Lafayette Central Catholic in the semistate.

Pioneer faces Fort Wayne Bishop Luers not Lafayette CC.  CC is also in a semistate but it's a 1A semistate vs. South Adams.

Columbus East faces Whiteland in sectionals. It’ll be a quick out for East. We saw our 96 conference game winning streak snapped as well as 17 year conference championship streak. 

22 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From last night in Indiana.

Full scale brawl just broke out near Wayne sideline, officials have ended the game with 7:05 to play.  Mississinewa 42, Wayne 6.  Final

Cheap shot by Miss and then Wayne retaliation the way I see it. Wayne doesn’t have a great rep, but from my perspective Miss was more to blame??  Any others with more details?

Leo suffered a close loss at Northridge. Should have had that one. 

As some know, I'm not a huge football fan of any level. I'll watch if I am at someone's house and they have it on. Regardless of that, I do enjoy reading about people's successes. My neighbor when we were kids shared an article from the Kankakee, Illinois newspaper about her 2 sons. They are both going for State Championships at their respective schools, 1 in Illinois and 1 in Indiana, this weekend. She married John Hart who grew up in a town close to us. John has won at least 2 Championships in Indiana. I talked to their grandparents today. They are so excited and proud of their grandkids.

https://www.daily-journal.com/sports/prep/kankakees-hart-half-of-brotherly-duo-coaching-for-state-titles/article_82a0d4b8-4bd9-11ec-93eb-13aed1dd509b.html?utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk