Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
rebelhoosier848891

Next IU NBA Draft Picks

Hoosier Nation---Predict who will be the next NBA daft selections from IU and what year and what round?

I am going with Troy in 2014-2015 in the 1st Round --- I think he will blow up this year!

I am going with JBJ and Yogi in 2015-2016 in the 1st Round---I know Yogi is short but he is built like a tank and can fly!

Who do you pick and why?????

I could see Troy being late 1st/early 2nd in 2015, lotto in 2016. Jimbo somewhere between 15-25 no matter when he leaves. Yogi goes early/mid 2nd this year. Undrafted in 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Why Yogi undrafted in 2016? hmm

Just a prediction. I see it being one of those things where he has an amazing season this year, and his stock is as high as it will ever be. Kind of like CWat after his Junior season, or Vic but on a different level.

Well, here's a question.. If Yogi is slated to finish college next summer, would he have the ability to continue playing ball for IU during the next school year? And would it be possible for him to play if he just takes like one or 2 classes a semester for his senior year?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

The question is will they all stay so we can build that dream team or will some leave early for the draft??? That probably depends on their performance this year and how high their stock would be....Can't blame them if they can go---it's the nature of college bball these days. Just think--Cody and Noah could have been playing with this team this year. That would end the frontcourt issues. Constant reloading seems to be the theme these days.

Of course he can continue his education..........

Yeah, for sure.  I guess a better way of putting it is that if he finished his undergrad right after next season, he would then have to commit to a graduate degree right?   I'm just trying to wrap my head around the options he has to continue playing at IU.   Also, is there like a minimum amount of credit hours a student athlete (undergrad or grad) must reach per semester in order to be scholarship eligible? 

He would have to commit to taking graduate classes during that season, but doesn't mean he would have to finish the degree. 

Yeah, for sure.  I guess a better way of putting it is that if he finished his undergrad right after next season, he would then have to commit to a graduate degree right?   I'm just trying to wrap my head around the options he has to continue playing at IU.   Also, is there like a minimum amount of credit hours a student athlete (undergrad or grad) must reach per semester in order to be scholarship eligible? 

He would have to commit to taking graduate classes during that season, but doesn't mean he would have to finish the degree.

Mariotta from Oregon graduated and is taking yoga and another useless class this semester. Different rules for football and/or Oregon?

I don't think there's any different rules. I guess technically Yogi could take some b.s. classes and say he's working towards a second degree in another discipline. 

I guess the bottom line is, as long as he's enrolled in school and has eligibility, he can play. 

Mariotta from Oregon graduated and is taking yoga and another useless class this semester. Different rules for football and/or Oregon?

I don't think there's any different rules. I guess technically Yogi could take some b.s. classes and say he's working towards a second degree in another discipline.

I guess the bottom line is, as long as he's enrolled in school and has eligibility, he can play.

I think Elston did something like that his last year. I thought I remember him saying really the only thing he was doing was basketball.