Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Bk4life

Top "Realistic" Recruit Commits for 15

I have been going over our offer list for 15....at this point, I am not sure who our main target should be...

Nick Marshall

Juwan Morgan

Shake Milton

Thomas Bryant

Derrick Smits

Misc?

Smits hasn't developed at all; he's a low major player right now and IU isn't recruiting him. Milton/Morgan visit is still on but that'll be interesting to follow as they are probably the most interested right now. Bryant, that probably won't happen. Marshall would seemingly be a nice signing by himself but not sure what the interest level is there.

My uneducated guess (this actually may be more of my hope).

Two man class:  Morgan and Milton

Three man class if a 5* suddenly gets the urge to wear candy stripes.  (Maker reclassification, etc.)

I see it the same exact way. Although if we don't get Morgan or Milton, the 2015 class could be interesting.

Guards in order of chances:

1. Milton
25. Coleman
100. Crawford

Bigs in order

1. Morgan
25. Marshall
50. Maker reclass
100. Zimmerman
101. Swanigan
102. Bryant

It's amazing that we haven't been able to get a single elite 2015 player onboard for an official. Not really a complaint, as we should have most of our team back, but just an odd occurrence. 

I don't see any reason to worry about 2015. Everyone was worried about 2013, and 2014, and... we've got a great core of guys at IU now. Who really cares if we can't add anyone for next year? It'll all play itself out.

If certain guys show themselves to be unfit to be an Indiana player, then they probably won't want to play zero minutes and they'll find another opportunity. It's not really that difficult.

What I do know is if there's an opportunity to add someone who will make a difference in 2015, Crean will exhaust all options to do it.

I will say I don't understand how a kid like Swanigan or another 2015 post can't look at this team and see a gaping hole in the middle and immediate playing time. There's an opportunity there for someone just like there was with Cody.

[quote name="BGleas" post="79771" timestamp="1408652668"]It's amazing that we haven't been able to get a single elite 2015 player onboard for an official. Not really a complaint, as we should have most of our team back, but just an odd occurrence. [/quote] Shake Milton and Juwan Morgan both have OV's planned for September

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

I said elite. Those guys are nice talents and would be good gets, but I'm talking your McDonald's AA candidates. Those two aren't that. I mean your Zellers, JBJ's, Vonleh's, etc.

Shake Milton and Juwan Morgan both have OV's planned for September Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

I said elite. Those guys are nice talents and would be good gets, but I'm talking your McDonald's AA candidates. Those two aren't that. I mean your Zellers, JBJ's, Vonleh's, etc.

Always good to have an "impact" player, i.e. McDonald's AA type, sprinkled in with each class to increase IU's chances of competing at the highest level.

[quote name="dalton26" post="79859" timestamp="1408676608"]On the bright side Ohio State lost a commit today.

"@MickeyMitchell0: I have officially decommitted from The Ohio State University and I would like to thank their coaching staff for recruiting me."

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app[/quote]They want Esa Ahmad anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This is my order at the realistic 2015 recruiting drive thru window when they say---"Hello IU,can I take your order please?"

Why yes--we will take a super-sized Juwan Morgan and a side of wings with that--O.G. will do fine--and then give me a medium Shake--Milton that is......That'll be it. Thank you!

Of course we will have a bigger appetite in 2016 and will want to up our Order!

They want Esa Ahmad anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Ahmad and Mitchell seem to be totally different players. Not saying that OSU isn't pushing hard for Ahmad but they took Mitchell bc they wanted him. Mitchell's brother was on the OSU football team (LB) and recently transferred home to Texas Tech. I believe their father is sick. I would expect Mickey to do the same but we'll see.

I don't see any reason to worry about 2015. Everyone was worried about 2013, and 2014, and... we've got a great core of guys at IU now. Who really cares if we can't add anyone for next year? It'll all play itself out.

If certain guys show themselves to be unfit to be an Indiana player, then they probably won't want to play zero minutes and they'll find another opportunity. It's not really that difficult.

What I do know is if there's an opportunity to add someone who will make a difference in 2015, Crean will exhaust all options to do it.

I will say I don't understand how a kid like Swanigan or another 2015 post can't look at this team and see a gaping hole in the middle and immediate playing time. There's an opportunity there for someone just like there was with Cody.

You can't be serious with your statement about not adding anyone in 2015. We are so woefully weak in the middle compared to B1G teams and others expecting to win championships. Nothing against you but this line of thinking leads me to seriously consider if our fans/alumni ever want to get back to the top. The culture ofwinning big at Indiana may be gone and we'll never get it back. Tom Crean actually may see the end of his contract afterall.

You can't be serious with your statement about not adding anyone in 2015. We are so woefully weak in the middle compared to B1G teams and others expecting to win championships. Nothing against you but this line of thinking leads me to seriously consider if our fans/alumni ever want to get back to the top. The culture ofwinning big at Indiana may be gone and we'll never get it back. Tom Crean actually may see the end of his contract afterall.

41, can we get half likes? :scratchhead:

We can all choose to see the same glass-- half full or half empty. I am a half full person. I personally hope there are connections Coach Martin may have in the east that may be in play that we don't even know about....He sure helped pull a rabbit out of the hat with Holt.  Someone else not even on our radar is likely to blow up or appear for 2015 as well. We have a lot to offer a top big recruit---great guards, recent lottery picks, tradition, a rabid fanbase, and national exposure. Some top flight center with a level head and good people around him should be smart enough to figure that out.

Yeah you're right, no one wants to win.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.