Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
prodigal hoosier

Wilson on the hot seat according to an idiot

Not sure I would fire Wilson.  But the defense must change.  An offense can only put up so many points a game and be expected to win.  This should have been a bowl season, not seeing it now. 

IU can not afford to buy out every ones contracts.

I say good bye to Glass.  Fred is horrible at some of his decision making.  The schedules of most teams or the coaches of the teams.  Get a handle of these power conference teams.

Oh, it's definitely on Wilson for bringing him here and for not getting rid of him sooner.  I've said I think Wilson might be too offensive minded.

I think the Broncos  showed us last season that Offense wins championships.

To shreds you say? Tsk, tsk, tsk. How did their defense hold up? To shreds you say?

Since Wilson arrived we have beat exactly 1 FBS team when scoring under 30 points and we have lost 13 games in which we scored 28 or more points (9 in which we scored over 35). At some point that has to fall on the HC

Welcome birdman, good posts and I hope you enjoy the site!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Please people, wake up. Just because Wilson is our coach doesn't mean we need to keep making excuses for his poor coaching. The guy is not cutting it, and has had more time than his predecessors to achieve success, and he has failed miserably. A few wins scattered among a sea of poorly managed, humiliating defeats would not be tolerated anywhere but here. Bury your pride IU, admit you ..cked up, and fire Wilson!

Did we make a mistake by not going after Jerry Kill? I know he has some health issues but Minnesota just continues to play solid football. And recruits worse than we do.

I liked Kill quite a bit last time when we were looking. I wonder if his previous health concerns scared off the administration/Glass. Or heck, maybe we were interested and Kill thought Minnesota was a better option than IU.

A name I'd like to look at would be Jeremy Pruitt. Whether or not he's ready or interested is a whole different ball game.

Edit: I'm not saying go straight after him and hire him but I'd like us to take a look. He was the Florida State DC last season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I wouldn't get too excited about CKW going anywhere soon. Regardless of our 2-2 record, there is a bit of a season to play yet, and if this season is at least on par with last year, he's probably safe for next year. As far as getting rid of him now, that would probably be a major mistake. We've played the coaching carousel aplenty. At some point we have to pick a horse and ride it. IU football didn't get bad in 4 years and we are not going to fix it in four. IU football fans are definitely sick of losing, but we have seen improvements under CKW and hopefully we are not going to dump him because of a flat season. We got 8 (at least) games left in this season, lets see what we can do with them. 

I wouldn't get too excited about CKW going anywhere soon. Regardless of our 2-2 record, there is a bit of a season to play yet, and if this season is at least on par with last year, he's probably safe for next year. As far as getting rid of him now, that would probably be a major mistake. We've played the coaching carousel aplenty. At some point we have to pick a horse and ride it. IU football didn't get bad in 4 years and we are not going to fix it in four. IU football fans are definitely sick of losing, but we have seen improvements under CKW and hopefully we are not going to dump him because of a flat season. We got 8 (at least) games left in this season, lets see what we can do with them. 

Let's say we finish with 5 wins and miss a bowl. Wilson has to make a bowl next season to salvage his job. Currently he is 12-28 and Lynch finished 19-30

Let's say we finish with 5 wins and miss a bowl. Wilson has to make a bowl next season to salvage his job. Currently he is 12-28 and Lynch finished 19-30

Not quite an apples to apples comparison. Lynch inherited an emotionally charged team. Wilson received table scraps. Also the intangibles of improvement are obvious with Wilson's squads. Not so much with Lynch's.

Sent from the can using BtownBanners

Not quite an apples to apples comparison. Lynch inherited an emotionally charged team. Wilson received table scraps. Also the intangibles of improvement are obvious with Wilson's squads. Not so much with Lynch's.

Sent from the can using BtownBanners

It seems to me that Chappell and that offense did plenty well and our defense is just as bad now as it was.