Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2015) PG Jamal Murray to UK

Is there a reason we're not in on this kid at all? 2015 PG sounds like the perfect addition.

I'm sure we reached out to gauge interest...

But, Jamal Murray wants to play one year of college ball, be a focal point of the offense at PG (preferably) or the SG, and then go to the NBA as fast as he possibly can.

Not a good fit at IU (w/Yogi, JBJ, and RoJo), and not a good fit for IU (in my opinion - no real interest in university life).

I'm sure we reached out to gauge interest...

But, Jamal Murray wants to play one year of college ball, be a focal point of the offense at PG (preferably) or the SG, and then go to the NBA as fast as he possibly can.

Not a good fit at IU (w/Yogi, JBJ, and RoJo), and not a good fit for IU (in my opinion - no real interest in university life).

So because he's a one and done we shouldn't show interest? It's ok to have them.

So because he's a one and done we shouldn't show interest? It's ok to have them.

Is it "ok to have...one and dones" now and then?  I suppose so.

However, I BY FAR prefer a group of players that have:

• Intentions of completing a college degree,
  • A real connection to the university,
  • A real, extended connection to their teammates, and
  • A life among the student population - not in some 'chef-catered players lodge'

Damn straight that's what I prefer.

That's what makes my IU degree and the IU degrees of Oladipo, Hulls, Ferrell, Woodson, Smart, etc, etc, etc, etc the product of a common rooting interest and collegiate connection.

That's what makes a UK fan and Teague, Lyles, Bledsoe, etc, etc, etc, etc in a position of passing sports vagabonds and cash-centric mercenaries.

Is it "ok to have...one and dones" now and then? I suppose so.

Do I BY FAR prefer a group of players that have:

• Intentions of completing a college degree,
  • A real connection to the university,
  • A real, extended connection to their teammates, and
  • A life among the student population - not in some 'chef-catered players lodge'?

Damn straight that's what I prefer.
You gotta mix it all like a Duke or Kansas. You can't just say no to them just because they plan to be one and done. Gotta recruit the best to compete with the best.

Murray has selected pUKe per an Alex Kline tweet. Guess pUKe offered the better contract right Aloha? :biggrin:

"Silent auction"

He probably just wanted to play for slimy at puke like Derrick Rose, just ask Isiah Briscoe...

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/4/2/8338447/5-star-kentucky-recruit-isaiah-briscoe-derrick-rose-kentucky

Ugh. UK will be great again after losing 7 pros.

1 Ulis
2 Murray
3 Briscoe
4 Poythress
5 Skal Lab

Marcus Lee
Mulder
Willis
Hawkins
Matthews

That starting 5 could be dangerous. Poythress is overrated but a monster. Reminds me of Branden Dawson. Murray is sick. Skal is slick.

They "missed" on a bunch but are loaded again.

Saw him play a couple of times last winter while checking out the Makers. Great talent, no doubt about it. Good skill across the board. Highly competitive. But what really stuck with me is that he is just an a-hole. Got T'd up in both games I saw. Was woofing at absolutely everyone, including teammates and fans. Several cheap, bordering on dirty, plays. Failed to run back on D on a possession because he was too busy yelling at his point guard, Jalen Poyser who's going to Oregon, for not reversing the ball to him. As good as he is, he looks like a cancer to me and Cal is welcome to him.

Saw him play a couple of times last winter while checking out the Makers. Great talent, no doubt about it. Good skill across the board. Highly competitive. But what really stuck with me is that he is just an a-hole. Got T'd up in both games I saw. Was woofing at absolutely everyone, including teammates and fans. Several cheap, bordering on dirty, plays. Failed to run back on D on a possession because he was too busy yelling at his point guard, Jalen Poyser who's going to Oregon, for not reversing the ball to him. As good as he is, he looks like a cancer to me and Cal is welcome to him.

Briscoe is a cancer too.