Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
WayneFleekHoosier

Predicted PPG for next season

A fun little exercise, really made me think..

Yogi 15
JB 15
TW 10
Stan 10
Hanner 7
DD 7
Zeisloft 5
Rojo 5
Max 3

A pretty high 77 ppg avg. other players will have insignificant contributions. Although we all know Crean loves his 12 man rotations, so who knows. I really think we average more like 72, just not sure where to subtract 5. All predictions have a +\- 3 points. Anything else will surprise me.

Nice list. I agree with Camp though. I'd say knock a few points off of Davis and then a point each from 2 guards and give them to Rob.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yogi 16.5
JB 16.5
TW 8
Stan 8
Hanner 6
DD 7
Zeisloft 5
Rojo 6
Max 3
Middle School Bob 19

I'm with you on most of those. I think Yogi/Blackmon combo will average 35+ a game between them. How that breaks down I have no idea as I expect them to play off each other extremely well this season.

[quote name="IU Hoosier41" post="75314" timestamp="1406299774"]Yogi 16.5
JB 16.5
TW 8
Stan 8
Hanner 6
DD 7
Zeisloft 5
Rojo 6
Max 3
Middle School Bob 19

I'm with you on most of those. I think Yogi/Blackmon combo will average 35+ a game between them. How that breaks down I have no idea as I expect them to play off each other extremely well this season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]
Gotta watch out for MSB. He is the "real" sloppy janitor!

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="75317" timestamp="1406300001"]Gotta watch out for MSB. He is the "real" sloppy janitor!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]also isn't it tough to assign points. The tendency is to over guess everyone individually but then it doesn't add up as a team. I was shocked too that RoJo ended up in the 5 range. He may take some of my assigned points to Hanner, DD, Ziesloft. Have to hope someone from that middle of the pack really steps up strong! I am perfectly fine with Yogi and Blackmon being primary point getters ala Napier and Boatright.

If HMP can average that 7 seven you have him down for along with putting up some good rebounding numbers and playing decent post defense, then we should be able to avoid the worst case scenarios for next year.  I'd love to get 7 out of DD too, but I am not sure that will happen.  I'd lock in on 7 ppg from him right now if we could.  

A fun little exercise, really made me think..

Yogi 15
JB 15
TW 10
Stan 10
Hanner 7
DD 7
Zeisloft 5
Rojo 5
Max 3

A pretty high 77 ppg avg. other players will have insignificant contributions. Although we all know Crean loves his 12 man rotations, so who knows. I really think we average more like 72, just not sure where to subtract 5. All predictions have a +\- 3 points. Anything else will surprise me.

Fun topic!

Just rough estimates:Yogi: 15JBJ: 15Troy: 10Stan: 8Hanner: 4Davis: 4Rojo: 8Zeisloft: 4Rest of the team: 5Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Only 4 for Hanner? That's why it's tough. Best of all worlds Hanner would average close to 10 on dunks/lay ups and FTs. We need Hanner averaging at least 6 FT attempts per game ideally. Make 4-6 or so, then a couple bunnies for 8ppg. Me hope, me thinks.

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="75305" timestamp="1406296841"]A fun little exercise, really made me think.. Yogi 15 JB 15 TW 10 Stan 10 Hanner 7 DD 7 Zeisloft 5 Rojo 5 Max 3 A pretty high 77 ppg avg. other players will have insignificant contributions. Although we all know Crean loves his 12 man rotations, so who knows. I really think we average more like 72, just not sure where to subtract 5. All predictions have a +\- 3 points. Anything else will surprise me.[/quote] 7 Pts is realistic for HP. I think we're so worried about him fouling out ( which we should be) , that we forget that defenders will have hard time guarding him because he's so athletic. I think he can get 4pts on free throws alone . Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="75334" timestamp="1406306666"]Only 4 for Hanner? That's why it's tough. Best of all worlds Hanner would average close to 10 on dunks/lay ups and FTs. We need Hanner averaging at least 6 FT attempts per game ideally. Make 4-6 or so, then a couple bunnies for 8ppg. Me hope, me thinks.[/quote]

See I think you described Hanner 100% there and I think the average of 4 is accurate for him. I think he'll have games of garbage buckets / rebound/ dunks and score 10-12, but will have the same amount of games where he scores 1-2pts. Feast or famine is my guess here.

[quote name="jurkinonthecourt" post="75344" timestamp="1406311553"]I'm expecting more than most from Troy. I see him as a 11-12 PPG guy this year. I'm tapering my expectation of JBJ closer to 12 PPG as well.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.[/quote]

I was tapering my expectations too, but at the end of the day I think JBJ will shoot 5-8 threes a game, probably 6+ free throws and another 5-6 2pts. Kid is going to be put in a scoring position and will shoot the necessary shots to score well over 12 in my opinion. I doubt he goes more than 3 games all season scoring under 10.