Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Walking Boot of Doom

(2016) SF Lamar Stevens to Penn State

Couldn't find much video yet, so this will have to do for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY4vV0ATkD8

Looks like he plays like a really big guard. Didn't see any post play in the tape.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

VICTOR OLADIPO DOING WHAT HE DOES BEST... GOING TO WORK:

"...rising junior wing Lamar Stevens, who is considered to be one of the top two or three players locally in his class. He's rated 63rd overall in the class of 2016 by 247Sports.

At his size, Stevens is a skilled offensive player capable of scoring at all three levels on the court. He has a strong body, a first step that allows him to get to the rim at will, and the ability to finish with - and seek out - contact. He also has the ability to handle the ball on the break and distribute the ball... He's a smart kid with good grades and an IQ that carries over to the basketball court.

And for at least this week, the 6-foot-6 205 pounder was able to be drawn away from Philadelphia - choosing to play at DeMatha's Ty Lawson-Victor Oladipo camp over the Reebok Breakout Classic held at Philadelphia University. Stevens got off to a slow start, but finished the camp strong on the final day."

http://www.allmetrohoops.com/index.php/recruiting-news/87-news-articles/263-lamar-stevens-has-breakout-summer

The 6-7 2015 pound small forward out of Haverford, Pennsylvania, has established himself as a high major recruit that is loaded with potential.  With his above average size for his position and his extreme athletic ability, he is a match up nightmare.  He can attack the basket or post up on smaller defenders, and he also does not have a problem with draining the three ball.  Stevens also takes pride in his defense where he can use his length to disrupt the passing lane and make it tough for shooters to hit shots over him.

Stevens claims offers from Villanova, Eastern Carolina, La Salle, Temple, Penn State, St. Joseph’s, Rhode Island, and Indiana.  He also is being recruited by Miami, Rutgers, Maryland, Stanford, and Syracuse.  

When asked which offers stand out to him, he replied, “Indiana & Villanova.”

Stevens had a lot of great things to say about the Hoosiers, “It’s a big time school that’s constantly good and puts players that I think are similar to me in the NBA.  I think Indiana will help me reach my ultimate goal to get to the NBA.”

He also made it clear he is not ready to name a favorite yet at this point, “I don’t really have a front runner yet.  I want to take some visits before I call a school my leader.”

Has anyone heard how the visit went, where we stand, etc? Seems like he would be a great pick up

According to his responses on Twitter, it seems like he had a great time!  posted a photo from behind the bench and was sitting right behind Hoetzel and Uncle Tim.