Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2015) C Nick Marshall to Memphis

Kinda of a weird list for us to be on...Memphis offered today to. He's #32 in Black vs Daniel Giddens. Couldn't find much video yet.

Glenn @GCRivalsGlenn
6-foot-11 Team Thad big man Nick Marshall tells me his top 5 is currently Ole Miss,  Miss St, South Carolina,  Clemson and Indiana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTdwWTeznQQ

fwiw. Per the Tennessee board.

- Averaged 12 points, 11 rebounds and 3 blocks per game last year.

- There is some serious concern as to whether he will get into school anywhere except JC at this point.

The young man's interest in IU is not predicated on acceptance to the Kelley School. 

That is for sure.

Crean's recruiting lately is like the K-Mart vs. Walmart feud of the 90's.

Kmart spent tons of TIME and MONEY picking out the prime location for its store (Crean searching out rising stars)

Walmart trusts in Kmarts research and plants a store nearby with better services/options.  (other coaches poaching on Crean's finds)

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="74954" timestamp="1405969983"]Crean's recruiting lately is like the K-Mart vs. Walmart feud of the 90's.

Kmart spent tons of TIME and MONEY picking out the prime location for its store (Crean searching out rising stars)

Walmart trusts in Kmarts research and plants a store nearby with better services/options. (other coaches poaching on Crean's finds)[/quote] Michigan State will probably offer this kid soon. Izzo try's to stump Crean every step of the way.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

[quote name="jurkinonthecourt" post="74958" timestamp="1405970994"]Michigan State will probably offer this kid soon. Izzo try's to stump Crean every step of the way.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.[/quote]He seems to be the worst offender. Other leaches too, UofL is fast rising on the pecking order of leaches.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="Hovadipo" post="74961" timestamp="1405973473"]MSU can go ahead and take this guy if he won't be able to enroll, as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]The Tennessee board is speculating that because they hadn't offered. They now have offered. Not sure if academic rumors are substantiated.

The Under Armour Finals, played this past weekend, are the culmination of the three Sessions which Under Armour sponsored teams played in this year. Team Thad finished 6-4 on the circuit and Marshall bled potential. He averaged 2.4 points, 2 boards, and 1.2 blocks per game.

Throughout Team Thad’s five games at The Finals, Marshall shot 64% averaging 5.2 points. He is also  able to better maximize his size as he grabbed 3.2 boards and 1 block.

Marshall states that he wants to sign in the late period, “Yeah, I will probably sign in the late period.” With all the recent love, Marshall does have four schools that he says are recruiting him harder than the rest, “Indiana, South Carolina, Mississippi St, and Auburn are recruiting me the hardest.”

Marshall has an understanding of what he brings to the table, and it is an underappreciated trait that he really takes pride in, “I play defense with a lot of emotion. I like rebounding and I love the feeling of that big blocked shot.”

[url="http://phenomhoopreport.com/nick-marshall-creates-stir/"]http://phenomhoopreport.com/nick-marshall-creates-stir/[/url]

Marshall has an understanding of what he brings to the table, and it is an underappreciated trait that he really takes pride in, “I play defense with a lot of emotion. I like rebounding and I love the feeling of that big blocked shot.”

Sounds like exactly what we're looking for.

[quote name="ccgeneral" post="75109" timestamp="1406128467"][url="http://phenomhoopreport.com/nick-marshall-creates-stir/"]http://phenomhoopreport.com/nick-marshall-creates-stir/[/url]

The Under Armour Finals, played this past weekend, are the culmination of the three Sessions which Under Armour sponsored teams played in this year. Team Thad finished 6-4 on the circuit and Marshall bled potential. He averaged 2.4 points, 2 boards, and 1.2 blocks per game.

Throughout Team Thad’s five games at The Finals, Marshall shot 64% averaging 5.2 points. He is also able to better maximize his size as he grabbed 3.2 boards and 1 block.

Marshall states that he wants to sign in the late period, “Yeah, I will probably sign in the late period.” With all the recent love, Marshall does have four schools that he says are recruiting him harder than the rest, “Indiana, South Carolina, Mississippi St, and Auburn are recruiting me the hardest.”

[b]Marshall has an understanding of what he brings to the table, and it is an underappreciated trait that he really takes pride in, “I play defense with a lot of emotion. I like rebounding and I love the feeling of that big blocked shot.”[/b][/quote]

Other than his comments which were cool, am I missing something regarding his stats. Seems very underwhelming to me. Granted he commented on his D and these are mostly underwhelming on offense but the rebounds and blocks are not that high.

Other than his comments which were cool, am I missing something regarding his stats. Seems very underwhelming to me. Granted he commented on his D and these are mostly underwhelming on offense but the rebounds and blocks are not that high.

I see what your saying, but at least he ain't talking about his perimeter game. We need a big body in the paint so our 4 isn't forced to play the 5. Sounds like he's a work in progress. Don't know what his high school competition was like, but those numbers weren't to bad. AAU ball is a whole different show for some kids. I've tried to gather more info on his AAU Team but not having much luck yet. Leron Black and Riley Norris played for them last year and it looks like they have a new coach.

We need someone who is willing to fill the role that CTC wants them to fill, and will be passionate enough about that role to work and be pushed to the best of their ability. Our staff can bulk this kid up, and help him become a viable defensive threat at the 5.