Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

6'4" Guard Nick Zeisloft joins Hoosiers

Never mind... found it!  One year of a great kid and practice player who has D1 game experience. In return NZ gets a scholly year as an IU MBA? If so...I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Zeisloft, who redshirted as a freshman after coming from Lyons Township High School in LaGrange, plans to graduate this summer with a bachelor’s degree in finance. That means he will be immediately eligible at any Division I school for his final two seasons.

“It was an absolute pleasure to coach Nick over these past two years,” said Muller. “I fully support Nick and his decision to earn a ‘top 50’ business degree while finishing his basketball career over the next two years and wish him nothing but the best.”

Zeisloft averaged 6.9 points and 3.4 rebounds while making a team-high 60 3-pointers. When Muller suspended forward Michael Middlebrooks after four games, the 6-foot-4 Zeisloft was inserted as a starter in a four-guard lineup and played the back row in the Redbirds’ 2-3 zone.

A three-time winner of the MVC’s Scholar Athlete of the Week award, Zeisloft carries a 3.71 grade-point average. He plans to pursue a master of business administration degree.

“After a lot of consideration this is the best decision for me moving forward in life as I pursue academic goals and future life ambitions,” said Zeisloft."

He'd tie up a '15 scholly.

Nope...he'd be a grad student coming in. He'd only tie up a '15 if we agreed he would. We are a four year scholly school for incoming freshmen.

Look for a new Hoosier soon?

Nope...he'd be a grad student coming in. He'd only tie up a '15 if we agreed he would. We are a four year scholly school for incoming freshmen.

Look for a new Hoosier soon?

I'd bank it if it's not a big, we're fine with guards.

I'd bank it if it's not a big, we're fine with guards.

Bullcookies!

Of course we should bank it for '15, but why not spend it for one year on a high-character kid who can play a little?!?

Bullcookies!

Of course we should bank it for '15, but why not spend it for one year on a high-character kid who can play a little?!?

We already have Yogi and Blackmon and Johnson and Robinson at guard.  This guy wouldn't get much time, and despite leading his team in 3s made his shooting was worse the second year and I'm not willing to bet on that improving playing against better competition.

I'm just saying what I would do, if it's not a grad transfer big then bank it.

This is exactly why this up coming year is going to be horrible. When you have to think like this with a bunch of nobody's. Fire CTC now!

Psssst...

I heard that Coach Crean, in seeking to fill our eleventh roster spot, had a choice between Nick Zeisloft or a five star, four year, 4.0 student, Indiana native, rebounding machine.

He may choose Zeisloft just to piss off welder332!

Is a guy that shot a staggering 37.8% overall from the field in the MVC going to make much of a difference for us against B1G competition if there's a key injury?  Probably not.  Let's not build the "he's a shooter" myth we did we Evan Gordon, no he's not.

[quote name="ccgeneral" post="72314" timestamp="1403970376"]FYI. welder332 just took a 30 day vacation.[/quote]

He didn't even invite me. What a selfish fellow poster.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

So he would only tie up a scholarship for one year? If its any longer than that I would be totally against it.

But, on an otherwise young team, having a veteran presence simply in the locker room and to practice against could be pretty beneficial. Its not going to make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things as in, hes not going to be on the court in the last two minutes of a game while JB2 sits on the bench. But, he could impart some wisdom to the likes of Stan, TWill, JB2 and Rojo. 

Adding some maturity and composure, so long as its only for a year, really doesn't hurt anyone IMO

So now we're playing the experience card with this kid?  I said the exact same thing about Etherington, he would've provided some experience for a very young team and people passed it off with something along the lines of "does it matter if he's not very good?".  The same thing applies here.  People wanting this kid is nothing more than next shiny thing.

This kid played 14 minutes against NW, a B1G team, and scored 0 points.  He played 19 minutes against VCU, scored 0 points.  He played 17 minutes against Evansville and only scored 3.  0 points in 24 minutes against Indiana State.  He did score 8 in 22 minutes against Dayton, so there's a productive game against a tourney team.  Oh, but wait in 2 games against Wichita State he played a total of 54 minutes and scored a grand total of 9.  He also only averaged 3 rebounds a game.  He put in minutes, but from a production standpoint he was only okay.  In the MVC.  He shot 90% from the line, but he only took 30 on the year so he didn't go to the line much at all.

It's next shiny thing, that's it.  If you was okay with Etherington leaving because he wasn't very good despite having 3 years in this system, then it's kind of hypocritical to want this kid because of experience in the MVC.  Considering the step up in competition he'd be little more than a warm body.  He wouldn't help to mitigate the loss if there was a key injury, we'd still be in serious trouble.

He IS Etherington. 

For next year only.

When we have two open schollys.

And because Etherington is not on the team anymore.

Would you rather the spot remain completely empty?

In all likelihood the spot would still practically be empty.

If things are as bright as people want us to believe a warm body shouldn't make a bit of difference.