Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Napleshoosier

Kyle Schwarber - Chicago Cubs

Made it to the games this weekend at Wrigley. I was in the first row of the bleachers Sat and yelled some encouragement to Schwarbs, so I deserve some credit for his performance :) 

Was in the upper deck 3B side today and his homer was a bomb (although Lucroys was more impressive).

He has so much natural power. 

9 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

Made it to the games this weekend at Wrigley. I was in the first row of the bleachers Sat and yelled some encouragement to Schwarbs, so I deserve some credit for his performance :) 

Was in the upper deck 3B side today and his homer was a bomb (although Lucroys was more impressive).

He has so much natural power. 

If you want to all three games and they scored 47 runs -- maybe you could keep going? We need all the help we can get! LOL! 

5 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

If you want to all three games and they scored 47 runs -- maybe you could keep going? We need all the help we can get! LOL! 

I would love that, but my wife and job not as much! 

Btw, since this is a Schwarber thread, I'll point out how much the the fans love him. I saw him playing to the crowd, talking to the bleacher bums, waving, pointing  & dancing several times when coming out to play the field. He absolutely "gets it" and I am proud he's a Hoosier.  

10 minutes ago, Rico said:

Any thoughts on Kyle being trade bait?

Trade bait for what? ... If the universal DH comes -- and it appears to be pretty close -- there'd be no reason to trade him. Even if it doesn't, I don't know that the Cubs have any interest in trading him. 

Schwarbs future as a Cub depends on how many of their arbitration guys they want to lock up and where Schwarber is on the priority. Of Bryant, Baez, Schwarber, Hendricks and Contreras, I think Baez is definitely number 1. Schwarber may be number 2 if there's a universal DH in place since KB and the Cubs have a history with screwing Bryant out of a years service.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk