Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) SG Rawle Alkins to Arizona

How does Arizona do it? I mean they stay relevant every year but they should've won an national championship by now. Not sure what the huge draw is there. They play well all year long then fall flat on their faces during the tournament

There are other draws than just basketball. Women and weather are two positives that Arizona has going for them. Plus Miller is a great recruiter.

I have a question about this recruitment for those of you with more insight. He seemed for a long time to be our highest priority target in this class as late as the holidays. We never got a visit and finished behind a school who didn't even have a coach. We then offered and accepted a commitment from Green. Did Rawle never reciprocate any interest or did other factors or concerns emerge?

I have a question about this recruitment for those of you with more insight. He seemed for a long time to be our highest priority target in this class as late as the holidays. We never got a visit and finished behind a school who didn't even have a coach. We then offered and accepted a commitment from Green. Did Rawle never reciprocate any interest or did other factors or concerns emerge?

My guess is he wanted a school where he was going to start. Not sure we can guarantee that

My guess is he wanted a school where he was going to start. Not sure we can guarantee that

This. He specifically stated that he would be looking at who would be on the team next year to see where he would play the most. We have a log jam at guard next year. Obviously he would've still played solid minutes, but it probably wasn't enough for him.

Mixed with the fact that Green committed, we were no longer as interested in picking up another guard.

we never got an official visit but he did unofficially visit for Hoosier hysteria his junior year.