Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) SG Rawle Alkins to Arizona

ZAGSBLOG

“My recruitment process is cool; I still plan to wait as late as possible before I decide,” he wrote. “I just want to see who’s all definitely coming and who’s staying in school and who’s leaving. I just feel like people can be promised lots of things and commit early thinking the player that’s there is getting drafted but it’s all about how guys play during the season. It’s not about what people say. I think it’s just smarter to wait and get all of the information and then decide what’s best for me.”

ZAGSBLOG

“My recruitment process is cool; I still plan to wait as late as possible before I decide,” he wrote. “I just want to see who’s all definitely coming and who’s staying in school and who’s leaving. I just feel like people can be promised lots of things and commit early thinking the player that’s there is getting drafted but it’s all about how guys play during the season. It’s not about what people say. I think it’s just smarter to wait and get all of the information and then decide what’s best for me.”

Can't argue with that. Very smart strategy when you're a sought after recruit.

Doesn't bode well for us. He would start at IU next year regardless of whether JBJ is here or not and Yogi is gone no matter what

I don't think it bodes either way for us. Just as important as who you replace is who you play with. Just thinking about the last two years, we haven't fielded a complete team. If Vonleh or even JBJ knew who they would end up playing with, they may not have come. And they might not have been wrong to not come.

I don't think it bodes either way for us. Just as important as who you replace is who you play with. Just thinking about the last two years, we haven't fielded a complete team. If Vonleh or even JBJ knew who they would end up playing with, they may not have come. And they might not have been wrong to not come.

Who was on the team that left that Vonleh and or Blackmon had no knowledge was going to happen.

Who was on the team that left that Vonleh and or Blackmon had no knowledge was going to happen.

what?

Early departures. Vonleh may have believed he would play with Zeller or Oladipo. Or JBJ believed he would have Vonleh. If JBJ knew we would have no post player and therefore no hopes of a significant tourney run, he may have chosen a team with a better outlook. Especially if he wanted to be one and done.

what?

Early departures. Vonleh may have believed he would play with Zeller or Oladipo. Or JBJ believed he would have Vonleh. If JBJ knew we would have no post player and therefore no hopes of a significant tourney run, he may have chosen a team with a better outlook. Especially if he wanted to be one and done.

as much as I like Blackmon, and I do, UK was his number 1 choice for him and Dad. Runner up worked for us and Mom.

what?

in my opinion I don't think vonleh would of came to iu if zeller was here. I remember vonleh saying in articles after he committed that the coaching staffs pitch to him was to step into costs shoes

as much as I like Blackmon, and I do, UK was his number 1 choice for him and Dad. Runner up worked for us and Mom.

your opinion it was his number 1 choice or fact? Hopefully iu is Rawle's number 1 choice when it is all said and done

in my opinion I don't think vonleh would of came to iu if zeller was here. I remember vonleh saying in articles after he committed that the coaching staffs pitch to him was to step into costs shoes

Believable. More Oladipo. Vonleh had no one around him but Yogi who could score without turning it over and it really harmed the team in the long run. If he recognized that before coming he may have chosen not to come is all I'm saying.

There are tons of considerations dependent on who else is at a school, playing time, preferred position, whether you'll be relied on to score more than you prefer, who else is around you to play, chances of a tourney run. If you're a top recruit who essentially has your choice of schools, you might as well get all the information you can before you make your decision.