Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) SG Rawle Alkins to Arizona

Alkins can really play. He reminds me a lot of another NYC native - Lance Stephenson. He gets to the hoop at a tremendous rate, and he finishes with a fantastic combination of power and finesse. If Alkins ended up at IU, he could end up being one of Crean's next NBA products.

Although there are a lot of schools still on his list, I get the feeling he ends up choosing between IU and St. John's. He's the type of guy who needs to be the go-to player on his team, and those two schools fit the bill. 

I'll have more on Alkins and a few other top prospects in an article later this week.

Alkins can really play. He reminds me a lot of another NYC native - Lance Stephenson. He gets to the hoop at a tremendous rate, and he finishes with a fantastic combination of power and finesse. If Alkins ended up at IU, he could end up being one of Crean's next NBA products.

Although there are a lot of schools still on his list, I get the feeling he ends up choosing between IU and St. John's. He's the type of guy who needs to be the go-to player on his team, and those two schools fit the bill.

I'll have more on Alkins and a few other top prospects in an article later this week.

He even looks a lot like Stephenson

Crystal ball?

This is Crean's top priority for the 2016 class. As I just said, it likely comes down to the hometown St. John's squad and IU. My prediction is IU for two main reasons: 1. (as mentioned on the previous post) he can be the top dog at IU, and 2. Crean and IU gives Alkins the best opportunity to thrive as a college player and - most importantly - develop into an NBA prospect.

This is Crean's top priority for the 2016 class. As I just said, it likely comes down to the hometown St. John's squad and IU. My prediction is IU for two main reasons: 1. (as mentioned on the previous post) he can be the top dog at IU, and 2. Crean and IU gives Alkins the best opportunity to thrive as a college player and - most importantly - develop into an NBA prospect.

Except everything Im seeing online, everyone has him going to Kentucky with Villanova behind them. 

Except everything Im seeing online, everyone has him going to Kentucky with Villanova behind them. 

Yes, a lot of outlets have Kentucky as the leaders for Alkins. However, it's still very early in his process. Alkins has said that he doesn't plan to commit anywhere until the spring, and he will be visiting plenty of schools this season. My gut says Alkins won't go to Kentucky because he wants to be the best player on his team. Crean & co. have the ability to show Alkins he can take over for Yogi as the team star from day one. Also, Alkins and Thomas Bryant also have a good relationship and Alkins has said that he and TB have talked about playing together before. 

Until Alkins cuts his list to two or three schools, it is pretty much all speculation. 

I'm curious where you saw Villanova, though. Alkins took to twitter earlier this month, naming 10 schools, and Nova wasn't on it. His schools were IU, UK, UNC, St. John's, Kansas, Texas, Maryland, Louisville, N.C. State and UNLV. 

Yes, a lot of outlets have Kentucky as the leaders for Alkins. However, it's still very early in his process. Alkins has said that he doesn't plan to commit anywhere until the spring, and he will be visiting plenty of schools this season. My gut says Alkins won't go to Kentucky because he wants to be the best player on his team. Crean & co. have the ability to show Alkins he can take over for Yogi as the team star from day one. Also, Alkins and Thomas Bryant also have a good relationship and Alkins has said that he and TB have talked about playing together before. 

Until Alkins cuts his list to two or three schools, it is pretty much all speculation. 

I'm curious where you saw Villanova, though. Alkins took to twitter earlier this month, naming 10 schools, and Nova wasn't on it. His schools were IU, UK, UNC, St. John's, Kansas, Texas, Maryland, Louisville, N.C. State and UNLV. 

Villanova must have been from a few months back, but he has a decent amount of crystal ball picks towards Villanova. I would love to see Alkins come here, but I feel like his stock has been rising a lot lately and haven't seen much of a connection between our program and him lately. Even the tweet from Biancardi in this thread from like a week ago said IU had "fair" chances. 
I do hope we get him though. He has only gotten better since we started recruiting him. From all the latest clips Ive seen of him he can completely take over a game with a team on his back, something we haven't had here probably since Gordon

Villanova must have been from a few months back, but he has a decent amount of crystal ball picks towards Villanova. I would love to see Alkins come here, but I feel like his stock has been rising a lot lately and haven't seen much of a connection between our program and him lately. Even the tweet from Biancardi in this thread from like a week ago said IU had "fair" chances.
I do hope we get him though. He has only gotten better since we started recruiting him. From all the latest clips Ive seen of him he can completely take over a game with a team on his back, something we haven't had here probably since Gordon

While I agree with you I don't agree with our chances, Biancardi is the worst recruiting analyst and I honestly don't trust much that dude says. Crean does not have a good track record in long term recruits. He is usually good in the out of nowhere couple months pickup.