Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
hoosierpap

Off Season Progress/Notes

I could be wrong, but I never really thought he played pg for them? Regardless, while he puts up numbers, he's one of the more inefficient scorers in the league.

No you are right, Rice didn't play point for them last year. Abrams did. Im not sold on Illinois just yet. I think we are easily on par with them

I could be wrong, but I never really thought he played pg for them? Regardless, while he puts up numbers, he's one of the more inefficient scorers in the league.

I thought he was one of their primary ball handlers for the most part. He can be a real handful when he gets into the zone, but he's definitely inefficient. It looks like one of their sophomores will be doing most of the ball handling this year after a little research though. Either way, Kepner is right. Tracy Abrams will be a pretty big loss for them.

Edit: After some more research, Rice did play some point last year also.

I thought he was one of their primary ball handlers for the most part. He can be a real handful when he gets into the zone, but he's definitely inefficient. It looks like one of their sophomores will be doing most of the ball handling this year after a little research though. Either way, Kepner is right. Tracy Abrams will be a pretty big loss for them.

Edit: After some more research, Rice did play some point last year also.

Does Nunn play PG or SG? He will be a stud eventually and I'm thinking he had some PT at the 1 last year.

Does Nunn play PG or SG? He will be a stud eventually and I'm thinking he had some PT at the 1 last year.

I think he's a combo, but more of a 2. They have a ton of combos. The kid they had transfer from Oregon State, Starks looks to be the PG since Abrams went down.

I think he's a combo, but more of a 2. They have a ton of combos. The kid they had transfer from Oregon State, Starks looks to be the PG since Abrams went down.

Tate should be pretty good too. If they had to pick a position to lose a guy, one of their guards was probably the choice. They've got plenty.

Tate should be pretty good too. If they had to pick a position to lose a guy, one of their guards was probably the choice. They've got plenty.

Yeah definitely, but I bet they wouldn't have chosen Abrams due to leadership, talent, etc. but they'll be fine. We're pretty similar teams really, as I think has been mentioned. Tons of guards, but a little shaky in the post. Egwu has definitely proven himself to be competent in the post, but isn't a world-beater. I think they have a few young guys behind him. I just can't handle losing to them, so let's not.

Yeah definitely, but I bet they wouldn't have chosen Abrams due to leadership, talent, etc. but they'll be fine. We're pretty similar teams really, as I think has been mentioned. Tons of guards, but a little shaky in the post. Egwu has definitely proven himself to be competent in the post, but isn't a world-beater. I think they have a few young guys behind him. I just can't handle losing to them, so let's not.

Yea Egwu has definitely proven himself more than our bigs and they may have a little more size, but I'm not sold that they are better than us and I can't stand losing to them either. Especially the ways we have lost to them in recent years.

Yea Egwu has definitely proven himself more than our bigs and they may have a little more size, but I'm not sold that they are better than us and I can't stand losing to them either. Especially the ways we have lost to them in recent years.

This year will be where we see if Groce can coach or not. Last year they had a mix of young and experienced guys and probably met expectations, or a little below. This year, they haven't lost a lot except Abrams and their talented young guys from last year have a season and a summer under their belts, along with some transfers becoming eligible. Pretty much exactly like us. Missing the tourney would be pretty disappointing for both teams in my mind.

Troy told me when he came in last year he was jumping 35 inches now he is at 40 inches and trying for more. He says his jumper and floater are coming together really well and as always mom, you know I got that put-back-dunk in my pocket and I hope someone tries to block it so I can take their arm with me in the rim. I'm stronger and more confident. I asked about his TO's. I told him I am not trying to see no more then 1 or 2 a game. Anymore and we will have this conversation again. He goes, "OH LORD, MOM REALLY?" YES REALLY SON!! I am confident that this team will impress their Hoosier fans. We may have some scary games and some games where we wanna throw a playbook at the tv or at Crean, but all in all I believe through prayer and faith, our young men will make us proud❤

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

My goodness that's a fantastic post.

I would LOVE to watch an IU game with you; it would be too much fun.

My goodness that's a fantastic post.

I would LOVE to watch an IU game with you; it would be too much fun.

Are you sure about that? My family starts sliding over and if Boo could, he would sit on the other side of the gym. That's what he did when Troy was in high school. My mom pinches my leg, then says PoPo gone get you and then she slides a little bit at a time!!!