Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Next Season will be a Success If....

Not about one season for me....but if Crean is going to be the coach, he has to make an adjustment to his recruiting and publicly say he wants to own Indiana and make sure kids all over the Midwest want to play at Indiana.  He has to commit to defense and his team has to finish in the top 3 defensively in the Big Ten; and he has to do something on the offensive end rather than the "stand and watch somebody dribble."   That'd be a good start.   Making a few good adjustments wouldn't hurt.  Winning games against Northwestern and Purdue would also be a good idea.

1.  Rules - none of this interpretation crap.  Rules are hard established guides of discipline.  Obviously those were broken last year and look what it led to.

2.  Team Building -  team building has been a huge gap to fill especially since 2015 started.  When we were winning, you could see the team work build.  Passes were crisp, shots were made, energy was there.  Since then it seems as though dynamics were shot at the end of the season and thus where winning stopped.

3.  CTC -  even if he changes up his X's and O's strategy, if #1 and #2 are not followed, this team will not be successful.  The changes need to come at the expense of changing the house.  Get your house right and hopefully everything will fall into place.  Good, successful ball players need challenged and not nurtured.  Coach needs to make a decision on how his tenure plays out.

4.  Winners vs. Heroes - in my opinion, I felt a struggle at the end of the season on who the hero of the game was going to be.  This cost us a few close games.  I hate the fact that Yogi thinks that he has to carry the load by himself to get a win.  This is easily predictable for defense to pinpoint.  In life, a leader makes everybody better, he doesn't do the work himself.  I hate going back to MSU but look at their tournament play right now.  Passing, rebounding, defense...it then converts into points.  Toughness!!!!  IU should have beat them on the last game of the season so what gives???  We are there, we needed winners to finish that game not heroes.

5.  Support - I am guilty of this myself and thus need to change; but boos, negativity, and coaching rumors do not promote a healthy environment.  If you don't think the players hear and see this, then wake up!  Coaching changes are out of our hands, the only thing we can do is support the ones that represent OUR school and commit themselves to being Hoosiers.  If we as fans don't show that support, then who will want to represent us?