Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Movie Thread

On 2/2/2024 at 5:18 PM, OliviaPope40 said:

I'm starting Oppenheimer.

I bought the DVD before seeing the movie. I THINK the movie was good but it is one in my collection that I have not watched a 2nd time yet. 

36 minutes ago, IH8PU said:

I bought the DVD before seeing the movie. I THINK the movie was good but it is one in my collection that I have not watched a 2nd time yet. 

I enjoyed it. One of the rare movies where I actually wish I knew more about the story going in. I only had surface-level knowledge of most of it, so quite a bit went over my head.

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

I enjoyed it. One of the rare movies where I actually wish I knew more about the story going in. I only had surface-level knowledge of most of it, so quite a bit went over my head.

I have seen Los Alamos there is a museum that has a copy or it might be the actual letter that Einstein wrote to Roosevelt saying that the Russians were capable of creating an atomic bomb. 

I'm 63 and never knew that my grandpa was even in the service until his recent death. He NEVER talked about his service. I don't know if after the years passed, he was proud or even a little embarrassed by his job while serving. He did all of his time at Los Alamos.

Screenshot_20230510-155750.png

On 2/2/2024 at 4:08 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Sadness! Grew up loving the Rocky series.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I saw Rocky III at the Quimby Village Theater (Ft. Wayne) back in the day.  Now it's the Clyde Theater.

Does that date me?