Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hwy 1

Yogi and Stan Arrested....

Mitch mcgary from Michigan was going to be suspended for the entire upcoming season because he tested positive for weed. On a lot of other forums or sites people all call on the NCAA that the rule is ridiculous. They recently changed the rule from a full season to a half a season. However, in that, a somewhat similar situation, people clamor against the laws and rules saying "oh it's gonna be legal soon anyways" or "it's not a performance enhancer so who cares" I'm curious why nobody ever questions a law that many people find equally ridiculous (21 drinking age vs weed being legal). If they're old enough to get shot at for their country, I think they're old enough to have adult fun at little 5. Obviously the law is the law and they're at fault for disobeying it (in awe strikingly dumb fashion... Using a fake during the week there's more cops than ever). They now have to deal with their leadership being called into question and rightfully so. They knew what the ramifications were and took a risk that backfired. Hopefully now they run til they puke, get themselves together (whether that entails a suspension or another form of discipline I don't know) and refocus on a successful year. The time to buckle down is now. You only see improvement by practicing. Work hard in the offseason and see results during the season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Well I can see that the excise cop BS hasn't changed in 20+ years.  Only now it sounds like a real racket  -- Out to raise revenue and ruin a kids day. 

While it puts Stan and Yogi's "intelligence" at question, it isn't the end of the world.  We used to see players out and about having a "good time" all the time.  They will do their civic punishment.  As for the team, have Stan shoot free throws until he makes 1000 -- that will keep him there and out of trouble for a long while. 

Fake ID's, lol.  Shouldn't the upperclassmen teach these kids about Little 500?  I BLAME WILL SHEEHEY.  j/k  :)

Seriously though. This isn't new, it isn't like just this year they decided to enforce this kind of stuff around Little 500, what's the point of having seniors and juniors on the team if they can't successfully pass on institutional knowledge like that? Know why I was never arrested during Little 5? Because I had upperclassman friends who were smart enough to help steer me in the correct directions at the time. It's amazing that the leadership buck with people here seems to start and stop with Crean instead of thinking about what these kids should be doing for each other. Try being the sixth man on and off the court.

Well I can see that the excise cop BS hasn't changed in 20+ years.  Only now it sounds like a real racket  -- Out to raise revenue and ruin a kids day. 

While it puts Stan and Yogi's "intelligence" at question, it isn't the end of the world.  We used to see players out and about having a "good time" all the time.  They will do their civic punishment.  As for the team, have Stan shoot free throws until he makes 1000 -- that will keep him there and out of trouble for a long while. 

They've ramped it up a lot more in the past decade as a revenue raiser, I'm good friends with a few judges and upper echelons of the police force and the pressure from the city to get high numbers of arrests with quick turnaround fines and diverted sentences is increasing to make up budget shortfalls. If 10% of these kids pleaded "not guilty" and asked for a PD the entire system would explode.

Well, at least they passed the "inside the season" threshold. I do put a lot of blame on the upperclassmen though, beyond just "don't go to bars" they should be telling them when the police are going to be at their worst.

[quote name="EvilleAngler" post="62957" timestamp="1398550409"]So a lot of Knight's players went to bars. He never addressed bar "rules". In other words he looked the other way or ignored it.[/quote]

Some funny stories about this in '87. My cousin was involved w the team, travelled to New Orleans for Final Four. Knight imposed an early curfew, but several starters sneaked out to hit the bars. My cousin caught wind of this and went after them. Some time later after realizing some weren't in their rooms, Knight came out to the bars looking for his players, but my cousin was shuffling them back to the hotel. The funny part was, my cousin was in a serious car accident that year and was on crutches, slipping on the cobblestones and bricks. I don't think Knight caught any of the out, but would've been hell to pay if he had!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

[quote name="JetpackJunky" post="62944" timestamp="1398547984"]Well, at least they passed the "inside the season" threshold. I do put a lot of blame on the upperclassmen though, beyond just "don't go to bars" they should be telling them when the police are going to be at their worst.[/quote]

Which upperclassmen exactly? One of them just got busted with a fake and underage consumption. The other is fresh off an OWI.

Convincing source!

I don't care if you believe me, just passing along what I know. The football player is Jordan Fuchs the freshman tight end. And it is a fball vs. Bball deal because theres bad blood and they want to get revenge. But both Crean and Wilson have sent out multiple messages advising not to.

[quote name="Hoosier2014" post="63006" timestamp="1398559353"]I don't care if you believe me, just passing along what I know. The football player is Jordan Fuchs the freshman tight end. And it is a fball vs. Bball deal because theres bad blood and they want to get revenge. But both Crean and Wilson have sent out multiple messages advising not to.[/quote]

This has immaturity written all over it. It is nice to know both coaches have addressed before anything stupid happens.

[quote name="Hovadipo" post="62967" timestamp="1398552405"]Which upperclassmen exactly? One of them just got busted with a fake and underage consumption. The other is fresh off an OWI.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

Oh no! When did all this happen to Sheehey, Gordon, and Howard? I am so out of the loop!