Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

drewheck

Kj's replacement

[quote name="CampCrean" post="65826" timestamp="1399576075"]Jurkin was wrong on a rumor? But he's in the gym[/quote]
What is the rumor? I just joined the thread and I'm hearing about someone leaving that's not KJ...?

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="65911" timestamp="1399602266"]That the assistant S&C coach is leaving.[/quote] From what I read it sounded like a much worse loss.

I didn't ..wait and see

In the gym

If I were you I would exercise caution and judgment if you truly are connected as you say you are. Whether you're the primary source or you're getting it from someone else, if something gets leaked that shouldn't, someone could get in some serious hot water. Not to mention the moral code of keeping things close to the chest on a team. I appreciate insider info, but not at the cost of someone getting in trouble or our program getting exposed to the point something bad happens 

It seems a bit of a stretch to say that an Asst. S & C coach leaving (that is if he really is leaving) is a sign that the head coach is losing the ship. People leave jobs for all sorts of reasons. A promotion is one of the big ones, being an Asst. S & C coach wouldn't exactly be my life goal if I was in that field.  Maybe the guy doesn't like Crean, it happens. I've left a few jobs over the years because I didn't like my boss. Doesn't mean the boss was doing a bad job, the boss was still there long after I left. Sometimes you just don't see eye to eye on things or your chances for promotion are slim so you move on. There's tons of reasons to find a new job.  It happens in all walks of life.    

It seems a bit of a stretch to say that an Asst. S & C coach leaving (that is if he really is leaving) is a sign that the head coach is losing the ship. People leave jobs for all sorts of reasons. A promotion is one of the big ones, being an Asst. S & C coach wouldn't exactly be my life goal if I was in that field.  Maybe the guy doesn't like Crean, it happens. I've left a few jobs over the years because I didn't like my boss. Doesn't mean the boss was doing a bad job, the boss was still there long after I left. Sometimes you just don't see eye to eye on things or your chances for promotion are slim so you move on. There's tons of reasons to find a new job.  It happens in all walks of life.    

Agree completely.  People tend to get a bit myopic when someone leaves a job in the program,  I'm not talking about the transfers more on the coaching and operations side.  It goes all the way back to when Drew Adams left the program for New Mexico people had some of the same reactions that he was running from Crean, likewise with KJ and Calbert.  Guys will take jobs that allow them to climb the ladder and there is nothing wrong with that.  Whether you like your boss or not you will do that. 

Great post Hwy.

Moreover, if Seth Cooper leaves, he leaves after four years as Asst S&C Coach. Not exactly indicative of a guy who came in, sensed disaster, and ran for the hills. If JeNey Jackson left for Butler? That would be troubling. This? Doesn't feel like that at all.

SIAP, haven't been around this week. Just going to leave this here..

"Multiple sources have told CBSSports.com that Keelon Lawson interviewed for a spot on staff at a high-major program earlier this week. No offer was made -- and Keelon Lawson, when asked, declined to discuss specifics. But in an exclusive interview with CBSSports.com, the 44-year-old head coach at Hamilton High in Memphis acknowledged that the experience has opened his eyes to the reality of maybe joining his three sons in college, and Keelon Lawson made it clear that his plan is now to do that, if possible, one way or another."

Link

SIAP, haven't been around this week. Just going to leave this here..

"Multiple sources have told CBSSports.com that Keelon Lawson interviewed for a spot on staff at a high-major program earlier this week. No offer was made -- and Keelon Lawson, when asked, declined to discuss specifics. But in an exclusive interview with CBSSports.com, the 44-year-old head coach at Hamilton High in Memphis acknowledged that the experience has opened his eyes to the reality of maybe joining his three sons in college, and Keelon Lawson made it clear that his plan is now to do that, if possible, one way or another."

Link

...don't know much about the guy's assistant coaching expertise (highschool state championship sounds good), but I can say that his 3 sons would. be. crazy.

nice post pap, insightful

Great post Hwy.

Moreover, if Seth Cooper leaves, he leaves after four years as Asst S&C Coach. Not exactly indicative of a guy who came in, sensed disaster, and ran for the hills. If JeNey Jackson left for Butler? That would be troubling. This? Doesn't feel like that at all.

To be fair:

1. Disaster only began with the Syracuse loss at the end of the 2012 season

2. Cooper is not the only person to leave and or decide not to come since then. He is only the latest.

[quote name="Hoosier Hoopster" post="66228" timestamp="1399859929"]To be fair:

1. Disaster only began with the Syracuse loss at the end of the 2012 season

2. Cooper is not the only person to leave and or decide not to come since then. He is only the latest.[/quote]

I do not think Seth leaving is an issue unless more comes of it.

As to your point about disaster only beginning with Syracuse I see it differently. After a great win at MSU on Feb 19th we went 5-4 down the stretch. Poor performances in the BT tourney and against Temple and Syracuse. Problems began sometime after Feb 19 and continued through the last game on March 28th. This is a period that extended over a month and during the worst time of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

As to your point about disaster only beginning with Syracuse I see it differently. After a great win at MSU on Feb 19th we went 5-4 down the stretch. Poor performances in the BT tourney and against Temple and Syracuse. Problems began sometime after Feb 19 and continued through the last game on March 28th. This is a period that extended over a month and during the worst time of the year.

Thats fair enough

Thats fair enough

Thats fair enough