Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

keato2299

Cody Latimer - Orlando Guardians (XFL)

[quote name="Hovadipo" post="61948" timestamp="1398268567"]Todd McShay just gave Cody a shoutout on The Herd. (Yes, I watch The Herd. And I love it.)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

Got a shoutout from him as well on sportscenter as his most underrated player in the draft.

My favorite thing about Latimer is the Scout site.  Albers on Twitter yesterday put out a pay only article on "What the experts are saying his draft status and more".  Lol, Albers has usefulness, but come on dude.  You are making people pay for you to write about other's pay only info.  Too funny.  

What McShay had to say...it's ESPN Insider info but only posting about Latimer.

22. Philadelphia Eagles: Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana

This is a bit of a reach based on where I have Latimer ranked on my board -- 34th overall -- but the Eagles need a receiver and I'm a big fan of Latimer's game. He has very good size, toughness and instincts in addition to good straight-line speed, strong run-after-catch ability and a big catching radius. He also has reliable hands -- in the five game tapes I watched of his, he didn't drop a single pass. I think he could be a very good fit in Chip Kelly's offense.

From Tuesday:

Analysis: No player has risen faster on my board recently, and I'm not alone. I'll give McShay credit -- he was raving about Latimer after he got to take a closer look at Indiana tape. Latimer was a player I saw as a likelier second-day pick based on my earlier work on him, but he's always looked good in the size/speed equation, it's just that a closer look shows you a player who was extremely reliable as a pass-catcher. The Saints need depth at wide receiver after losing one of Drew Brees' favorite targets in Lance Moore, not to mention the departure of Darren Sproles in a pass-catching sense.

I'm almost to the point where I'm gonna have to get a Latimer (NFL) jersey. About the only thing that would stop me from getting one is if he got drafted by the Pats, and maybe the Skins (my dad grew up a Dallas fan, so
I don't care a whole lot for Washington) or Chargers (really don't like them).

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Eagles worked out Latimer after his pro day today. Had him run their routes. Stayed after with him for about 20 minutes. *The Eagles brought 3 coaches with them.