Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
WayneFleekHoosier

Trey Lyles

Pretty amazing the logjam that they have up front. Got to think there will be some NBA attrition or transfers. Do all those McDAA's really want to ride the bench? It's a great position for Cal to be in, though. Just like when WCS went down in the tournament, all the sudden you have McDAA and former top-20 recruit Marcus Lee to insert into the game. He was willing to ride the pine pretty much all season waiting for that chance... wonder if he's willing to do it again?

Pretty amazing the logjam that they have up front. Got to think there will be some NBA attrition or transfers. Do all those McDAA's really want to ride the bench? It's a great position for Cal to be in, though. Just like when WCS went down in the tournament, all the sudden you have McDAA and former top-20 recruit Marcus Lee to insert into the game. He was willing to ride the pine pretty much all season waiting for that chance... wonder if he's willing to do it again?

That's exactly what is perplexing and difficult to rationalize with the UK system.  These 5 star kids could go anywhere and become a star for any program but they all choose to gather at UK.  Is what was promised being carried through?  I would say usually not.  Take the Lee situation.  Highly recruited, but you have Randle and Young that tore it up this season and you aren't even mentioned until the very end of the season.  I would have a very hard time with that if I am Lee.  Just saying with majority coming back, I would be scared of not being guaranteed a one and done as advertised if I am Lyles'.  Would have been a better road if he would have stayed true to recruitment.

That's exactly what is perplexing and difficult to rationalize with the UK system.  These 5 star kids could go anywhere and become a star for any program but they all choose to gather at UK.  Is what was promised being carried through?  I would say usually not.  Take the Lee situation.  Highly recruited, but you have Randle and Young that tore it up this season and you aren't even mentioned until the very end of the season.  I would have a very hard time with that if I am Lee.  Just saying with majority coming back, I would be scared of not being guaranteed a one and done as advertised if I am Lyles'.  Would have been a better road if he would have stayed true to recruitment.

My guess is that some or all of these kids know that only a few people will get to play and that some guys won't be able to just breeze through as one-and-dones, but none of them think that they will be that guy that gets left out of the rotation. They have been the best their whole lives, now all of the sudden they are surrounded by guys who are in the same boat and some of them might actually be better. 

EDIT: AMAZING avatar, by the way. love that movie. 

My guess is that some or all of these kids know that only a few people will get to play and that some guys won't be able to just breeze through as one-and-dones, but none of them think that they will be that guy that gets left out of the rotation. They have been the best their whole lives, now all of the sudden they are surrounded by guys who are in the same boat and some of them might actually be better. 

EDIT: AMAZING avatar, by the way. love that movie. 

Hospital? Trash can

fwiw..

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria  3m
Per @DraftExpress Kentucky now has the No. 4, 8, 18, 26 and 31 picks in the 2015 Draft. And that doesn't include Trey Lyles.

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria  2m
UK now has the No. 4 (Towns), 8 (Cauley-Stein), 18 (Johnson), 26 (Aaron Harrison), 31 (Andrew Harrison) and 42 (Poythress) picks in  2015.

fwiw..<br /><br />Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 3m<br />Per @DraftExpress Kentucky now has the No. 4, 8, 18, 26 and 31 picks in the 2015 Draft. And that doesn't include Trey Lyles.<br /><br /><br />Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 2m<br />UK now has the No. 4 (Towns), 8 (Cauley-Stein), 18 (Johnson), 26 (Aaron Harrison), 31 (Andrew Harrison) and 42 (Poythress) picks in 2015.

<br /><br />I feel ill<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He might not see the court next year that often

I would honestly be surprised if he didn't play.  He may not have the upside of others, but he is steady with good skill already.  Not many holes in his game.  I am sure he thought he would get 30 min per game.  That won't happen, but he will probably get 20+.  

dang, Lyles' dad must be pissed!  Player-First program can only really work for the best players who get the most minutes.  If Trey doesn't get a ton of playing time, he might miss out on the in-game experiences where he could learn to be a better player and get some NBA looks. Now it seems like most of those UK guys are going to have to learn a lot in practice.  Pressures on Trey!

UK is loaded up front, but only 2 guys can play at a time. I forsee some unrest among the guys who don't play.

I can see them having to play 3 bigs at a time with lack of a talented back court compared to the front court.  Not saying they would do that all of the time, but someone like Lyles can play away from the basket as much as Noah did for us and he has more natural skill.  He can handle the ball and back his man down.  He can hit shots.  I envy their "problem".  

I can see them having to play 3 bigs at a time with lack of a talented back court compared to the front court.  Not saying they would do that all of the time, but someone like Lyles can play away from the basket as much as Noah did for us and he has more natural skill.  He can handle the ball and back his man down.  He can hit shots.  I envy their "problem".  

True... it's a good problem to have, but it's something that can have a negative effect on recruiting moving forward. They might have a tough time recruiting elite bigs in 2015 since there's no way all of those guys will be gone after next season. 

True... it's a good problem to have, but it's something that can have a negative effect on recruiting moving forward. They might have a tough time recruiting elite bigs in 2015 since there's no way all of those guys will be gone after next season. 

I 100% agree.  

I'd laugh so hard if he got ticked off and transferred to us. Yeah I know it probably won't happen but it'd be REALLY funny. It'd be even funnier if he tried to and we didn't let him. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'd laugh so hard if he got ticked off and transferred to us. Yeah I know it probably won't happen but it'd be REALLY funny. It'd be even funnier if he tried to and we didn't let him. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Would be funny but Cal would never let him go to IU.

Honestly, I'm not sure Crean would take him (unless his job depends on it!).