Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

Justin Martin to SMU

Originally from Indy(Lawrence North). Has 1 year eligibilty left.

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein  9m
Xavier's Justin Martin will transfer, per the school. Eligible immediately. Long line for this one. Averaged 11.7 PPG and 5.2 REB last season.

Hmm...  I remember when we were recruiting this guy out of Lawrence North.  There were a number of negative comments about Keefer at that time.

I have no idea what was really going down...  just what I remember reading.  Maybe we have a shot now that he's transferring?

At Xavier they used him in the post quite a bit. Watched quite a few games that he would isolate on the wing with a big guarding him or post up when he had a smaller guy. Also he guarded Dougie "mcbuckets" when they played Creighton, so that tells you he was their best defender on the wing. If by chance he chooses IU and Hanner would develop enough to start, then we would probably be looking at a lineup of Yogi (6'), JB (6'3), Troy (6'7), J-Mart (6'6), and hanner (6'9?). Wouldn't mind that at all!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It's so fun to project line ups. It really is. With 3 open spots I am excited to see how the staff handles it. The last projected lineup sounds good but we will want to get Rojo, Stan, DD minutes. We are one solid contributor away from being competive. If we get one grade transfer/juco type that helps right away and the other two spots can be used in a variety of ways.

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="59316" timestamp="1397332669"]It's so fun to project line ups. It really is. With 3 open spots I am excited to see how the staff handles it. The last projected lineup sounds good but we will want to get Rojo, Stan, DD minutes. We are one solid contributor away from being competive. If we get one grade transfer/juco type that helps right away and the other two spots can be used in a variety of ways.[/quote]

Most fun I've had since trying to decide if Yogi and Hulls would start together or one be the 6th man.

Do y'all know if we recruited this kid ever, when he was in HS?  I heard Greg Rakestraw commenting on this kid yesterday on 1070 when he was filling in for JMV.  It seems odd that he would drop his name if we didn't have a chance at all. 

[quote name="Jon Robling" post="59452" timestamp="1397400257"]It'd be nice to take an Xavier kid, since they've taken both Jordan Crawford and Remy Abel away from us. [/quote]

They didn't "take" anyone from us...

Geez man, sorry, they had former IU players on their roster.

That doesn't equate to taking players. Remy's stuff has been pretty well documented about what happened, and it seemed to be a mutual understanding between Crean and him to leave. I've heard rumors about Crawford, don't know how true they are, but basically he wasn't going to work out with Crean

[quote name="Jon Robling" post="59506" timestamp="1397415219"]Sometimes things get lost in translation thru text, all i'm saying is Xavier had two former Hoosiers and many times they recruit the same players as us. Not saying the stole em or anything. better.............?[/quote] They did get Bluiett out of Indiana so some in this forum would equate that to them "taking" players from us.

That doesn't equate to taking players. Remy's stuff has been pretty well documented about what happened, and it seemed to be a mutual understanding between Crean and him to leave. I've heard rumors about Crawford, don't know how true they are, but basically he wasn't going to work out with Crean

Yeah there's no way Crean and Crawford would have worked out. Sucks to lose a future NBA player from your roster, but IU needed the clean slate. No way around it. 

[quote name="WindyCitySource" post="62222" timestamp="1398349310"]Yeah there's no way Crean and Crawford would have worked out. Sucks to lose a future NBA player from your roster, but IU needed the clean slate. No way around it. [/quote]

Yeah Crawford was bad news bears (Walter Mathau). There was no reason for him to be kept around.