Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2014) C Trevor Thompson to OSU

I wouldn't say it's likely, but he could use a multitude of reasons to try to get the waiver. His coach left, he's returning home (possibly), he could even use something family related. There are so many loopholes, that I would definitely say there is a chance, but I'm not sure how much is going on behind the scenes.

I personally think the reason it is taking longer to fill the opening schollies, is because Crean is looking into immediate playing time on guys like TThompson and Eron Harris. I know he went balls to the wall on AntLee and lost. I am not convinced he LOST on Marvin Clark, Yante Maten, or Josh Cunningham. He potentially is leaving himself some options and not going full throttle on these guys because he has trick up his sleeve.

If not, at least I can hope.

Trevor's dad to Alex Bozich. "Trevor's not a party kid. Trevor doesn't have tattoos, he doesn't have earrings, he's not that type of kid"

I love this quote. I loved to party too but I was business first and foremost. His dad indicated head coach relationship as most important and fit in locker room next.

We have a mixture on our team. Yogi, Blackmon, Hartman fit this description. Not as much with Troy, Hanner, Devin and Stan. Wonder how it all plays out. Hope he gets eligibility for 2014. If not I am not as excited.

On Indiana: "Because it's IU. It's always been my dream to come back to my home state and play for IU. I love the coaches I believe in Tom Crean to get me to the next level. I see something special coming to IU with the players (coming in)."

Full Story:

Look forward to Trevor  representing IUBB!

You might be right. All these guys Crean is whiffing on, high school seniors, transfers and 5th year transfers, maybe he doesn't really want them,

Who said that? You're making a gigantic leap in logic based on a handful of kids deciding to not go to IU. Also, the logic makes even less sense given you are making it out like there is one sole factor for why they chose not to go to IU. 

[quote name="KingPG21" post="58523" timestamp="1396981675"]That is a pretty big leap in logic to make. [/quote]

I'm not sweating it on these late pushes for kids that may or may not make a difference. They would be good gets but i just don't see it as a big deal not getting them.

It looks like Trevor Thompson will be a Buckeye. Buckeye source ssying its a done deal. Nobody wanting to play for Crean now.

Just because some unnamed source on the Ohio State HSN 247 board is saying "it's a done deal" doesn't mean it's a done deal.

And it DEFINITELY doesn't mean that "nobody is wanting to play for Coach Crean".

Wait...I know...Myles Turner to Youngstown State is a done deal. There...it must be true!

Sheesh.

I'm not sweating it on these late pushes for kids that may or may not make a difference. They would be good gets but i just don't see it as a big deal not getting them.

Same here. I do think it is funny that someone made the leap all the way to nobody wants to play for Crean because he didn't win with a late push on them

Same here. I do think it is funny that someone made the leap all the way to nobody wants to play for Crean because he didn't win with a late push on them

Crean is toxic right now. If you want to ignore the obvious then that's fine.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. He more than likely won't be here a year from now anyway.

Crean is toxic right now. If you want to ignore the obvious then that's fine.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. He more than likely won't be here a year from now anyway.

Obvious? I'm not even what would be called a Crean supporter, but to call the guy toxic because he isn't getting all the kids he is going after in recruiting is just a huge leap in logic to make. 

Also, it is notable that Maten wasn't some huge miss, the guy was a 3 star recruit. Not saying he isn't a diamond in the rough, but it isn't like he was a huge miss. Thompson was okay at best for a really bad VT team, another kid that it would be like he is a huge miss if we don't get him. 

Obvious? I'm not even what would be called a Crean supporter, but to call the guy toxic because he isn't getting all the kids he is going after in recruiting is just a huge leap in logic to make. 

Also, it is notable that Maten wasn't some huge miss, the guy was a 3 star recruit. Not saying he isn't a diamond in the rough, but it isn't like he was a huge miss. Thompson was okay at best for a really bad VT team, another kid that it would be like he is a huge miss if we don't get him. 

..Exactly the issue...We are trolling for the bottom of the barrel and Crean still unable to pull in at this time...which is a problem....points to a perception issue with these kids for whatever reason....