Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Daily MLB Banter

2 hours ago, mamasa said:

I don't watch nearly as much baseball as I used to, but I've seen 2 grand slams so far this season.  Pretty interesting in that, prior to this, I don't think I've ever seen one!

I find it virtually impossible to get a whole baseball game in anymore. Was lucky enough to see Pujols homer yesterday 

9 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Braves were beating the crap out of the Nats last night, so Washington used a position player to pitch late. He plunked Atlanta catcher Travis d'Arnaud. It was pretty brutal. Please pray for Travis! 

I think the Nats need to drop the font size for player names a few points.

Craziness in Anaheim tonight ...  

Reid Detmers, making his 11th major-league start, throws a no-hitter ... 

And what's kinda funny ... The Angels were blowing the Rays out, so Tampa Bay used a position pitcher to pitch. Just for the hell of it, Anthony Rendon -- a right-handed hitter -- bats left-handed for the first time in his career. What'd he do? 

5 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Pretty amazing.

Nellie Fox struck out 216 times over 19 major league seasons from 1947 to 1965, a span of 10,351 plate appearances.

Joey Gallo struck out 213 times last year.

Dude struck out less once a month or so if you average it out for the entire year and not just the season. That’s insane.