Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Daily MLB Banter

I’d love to. But that would be quite unfair. 

It’s ok. He kind of earned it since he said the Cardinals were a better organization as soon as he left the Cubs. Which, he’s not necessarily wrong, but that’s an unnecessary dagger to the Cubs faithful who backed him fiercely.

I might be bitter

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 5/4/2023 at 7:58 PM, NashvilleHoosier said:

10-22 for the Cards. This is the first time in my lifetime *that I can actually remember* the Cards being a total non-contender. And honestly it’s overdue. Blow the whole thing up. All of it. They are absolute toast. Fire sale. Throw every single last hint of “the Cardinal way” in the garbage and move forward with something resembling the modern game. 

LOL...I remember the Cards of the 70s very well.  Never finished 1st in the their division.  I didn't mind them back then.

3 minutes ago, bigrod said:

Ha! I keep waiting to see how their management will screw this up.

Nah.  Management has it all figured out.

On 6/22/2023 at 8:12 AM, mamasa said:

Reds en fuego! Streak at 11, longest since 1957

Might be a fun finish for the NL Central. Now the Cubs are exploding. Tougher test starting a series with the Braves tonight though. 

Grew up about 45 minutes from Chicago, so am a Cubs fan. Always have been. Always will be. 

But these days, I live about 10 miles from Baltimore's Triple-A team, so have seen a lot of these youngsters come through here and am in the O's TV market, so get to watch them regularly. These Birds are a fun team -- and could be good for a few years. 

Besides, everybody knows that once Buck Showalter leaves a team, it goes to the World Series! 

On 8/4/2023 at 9:41 PM, LamarCheeks said:

Grew up about 45 minutes from Chicago, so am a Cubs fan. Always have been. Always will be. 

But these days, I live about 10 miles from Baltimore's Triple-A team, so have seen a lot of these youngsters come through here and am in the O's TV market, so get to watch them regularly. These Birds are a fun team -- and could be good for a few years. 

Besides, everybody knows that once Buck Showalter leaves a team, it goes to the World Series! 

I always will be a Earl Weaver fan.  Now Luke Weaver is a different story.

14 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

Soto and Grisham to the Yankees for some pitching prospects (King, Thorp, Brito, Vasquez) and a backup catcher (Higashioka).

The one I'm gonna miss is Michael King. The only bright spot of the last two months was King progressing from being a 4-6 out reliever to a decent starter who was getting thru 6 innings by the end of the season.

43 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

The one I'm gonna miss is Michael King. The only bright spot of the last two months was King progressing from being a 4-6 out reliever to a decent starter who was getting thru 6 innings by the end of the season.

He's a good story and now they need pitching help. I'm not worried about Thorpe since the attrition rate on young pitchers is pretty high and they churn out the likes of Brito and Vasquez regularly.  It's Juan Soto though, a top 10 player with a higher walk rate than k rate.

And now a guy with a .400 OBP can be slotted in front of Judge.