Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Daily MLB Banter

20 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

The Astros owner, Jim Crane has never been one to buy into huge FA contracts. Thats a blessing and a curse for a time when ‘win now’ seems to be the general mantra. 

The Astros also seems to have a pretty strong farm system, granted they stunk for a while to get there, without the market of LA or NY that definitely helps.

Yankees don't really develop their prospects well, aside from relievers, and won't commit to a rebuild.  They'll go big on a contract for their white whales (Cole) or superstars to keep butts in seats (Stanton, and Miami chipped in money) but generally avoid those too.  So instead of Seager, who fit perfectly, they take on 50 mil of Donaldson to get a no bat utility guy in Falefa to play SS who got benched in ALDS and botched a double play in ALCS (seriously, they took Donaldson so they could get him) now because they punted on SS they can't add throw one of their better prospects into a deal to get Castillo. They don't want to spend big on starters so they add relievers, even if if bug money for short years (Chapman). They end up with high payrolls anyway for patch work roster construction.

2 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

A home run derby one night to getting freaking no-hit the next.

Baseball, folks...

If you want the real reason why this happened...

I hopped on a boosted parlay for Schwarber and Harper to record 1 hit each. No other explanation needed.

Posting a general question I’ve never received what I thought was a good answer to…

Why is Jose Altuve the most hated Astro? From the outside looking in, sure he didn’t stop the cheating but it sounds like he didn’t actively take part in the trash cans. And he seems like a genuinely good dude. I don’t know why we have made him the face of the scandal?

1 hour ago, tomallenfan1 said:

Posting a general question I’ve never received what I thought was a good answer to…

Why is Jose Altuve the most hated Astro? From the outside looking in, sure he didn’t stop the cheating but it sounds like he didn’t actively take part in the trash cans. And he seems like a genuinely good dude. I don’t know why we have made him the face of the scandal?

On top of the trash can stuff, he may or may not have had a electronic buzzer attached to his person in the ALCS when he homered off Chapman and won an MVP over a 52 HR season from Judge in what was propably a trash-can aided season. Yankess fans in my experience are numerous and quite loud so that plays a role.

Being the face of the team inevitably has made him the face of the scandal, whether right or wrong. Fantastic ballplayer, especially given his size

On top of the trash can stuff, he may or may not have had a electronic buzzer attached to his person in the ALCS when he homered off Chapman and won an MVP over a 52 HR season from Judge in what was propably a trash-can aided season. Yankess fans in my experience are numerous and quite loud so that plays a role.
Being the face of the team inevitably has made him the face of the scandal, whether right or wrong. Fantastic ballplayer, especially given his size

But that’s the thing though is the buzzer thing was a conspiracy and made up by a Reddit user. According to the investigation and all writers on the subject, buzzers were a myth. That’s what makes me question the hate Altuve gets. He didn’t participate in the trash cans according to several reports and people are believing conspiracy theories on buzzers. Just seems like we should hate on other players from that team and not Altuve.