Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Daily MLB Banter

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

So long, Rizz -- you were a helluva Cub. Even though he helped us end that blasted curse -- he probably did more off the field for the franchise and community than on.

Hope you enjoy that short right-field porch in Yankee Stadium. 

I thought I was ready. I was not. 

Suck. Hard to argue that Rizzo's best years aren't behind him, BUT who would be better to bring along a new crop of young Cubs? :(

Might as well clean house now- move Baez, Bryant, Kimbrel & Davies. Stockpile some talent and have a lot of money for free-agents. 

34 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Suck. Hard to argue that Rizzo's best years aren't behind him, BUT who would be better to bring along a new crop of young Cubs? :(

Might as well clean house now- move Baez, Bryant, Kimbrel & Davies. Stockpile some talent and have a lot of money for free-agents. 

Of all those guys, Kimbrel should return the biggest haul. Baez and Bryant would be rentals, while Kimbrel would be under control of his new team through next season. 

9 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

I thought the Cubs should have traded Rizzo a few years back and let Schwarber have 1st base.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Ugh.  Cubbies.  Ooof.  Another 100 drought on the way

Sad, but it had to happen. Javy, KB and Rizzo could've all walked at the end of the season. Probably would have, too. Well, maybe Rizzo would have considered re-signing, but I think his best days are in the rearview mirror. And without all those guys, Kimbrel would've had nothing to save. ... Might as well get what you can while you can. 

I'm just still flummoxed as to why the Ricketts cried poor after last season -- and began the fire sale by dumping Darvish. Every team's owner lost a truckload of revenue last season. 

On 7/30/2021 at 8:14 PM, LamarCheeks said:

Sad, but it had to happen. Javy, KB and Rizzo could've all walked at the end of the season. Probably would have, too. Well, maybe Rizzo would have considered re-signing, but I think his best days are in the rearview mirror. And without all those guys, Kimbrel would've had nothing to save. ... Might as well get what you can while you can. 

I'm just still flummoxed as to why the Ricketts cried poor after last season -- and began the fire sale by dumping Darvish. Every team's owner lost a truckload of revenue last season. 

On behalf of myself and the incomparable johnsoniu, we would like to congratulate the Cubs on their future:

On 7/31/2021 at 10:00 PM, HinnyHoosier said:

Reaches base safely 8 times in those two games, the most ever for any Yankee in his first two games. Get it, Rizz.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I want the best for Rizzo for sure, quality guy and all-time Cub.....BUT it is frustrating to read about him, Bryant and Baez killing it for their new teams. If they hadn't been so inconsistent (and outright sucking hard in the post-season) the past few years they wouldn't be playing for other teams. Cubs management deserves their share of blame, but they aren't responsible for Baez striking out 3 times every freaking game. Ok rant is over- again, all the best to Rizzo. :)