Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Daily MLB Banter

This is always mind blowing to see what Ted Williams accomplished and what he might have accomplished were it not for the seasons he lost serving his country.

Ted Williams’ career stats:

• 2654 H
  • 525 2B
  • 521 HR
  • 1798 R
  • 1839 RBI
  • 2021 BB

AND YET:

• Lost ages 24, 25 & 26 years to WWII.
  • Lost almost all of ages 33 & 34 years to the Korean War.

If you think “Eh, he was 34 anyway”:

Hit .345, .356, .345, .388 his first four years after Korea.

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

Javy being Javy. I'm pretty sure he stole first base.

Then stole second (or went there on an error). 

There's tanking, and then there's tanking. The Pirates may be playing Little Leaguers this year. Rizzo may be on the IL for getting a hernia from laughing so hard.

Cubs vs. Indians. Northsiders have a runner on first (Javy Baez) with one out. 

Rizzo flies to left. Baez, forgetting how many outs there were, is about 10 feet from third base when the ball is caught -- and is doubled off. Not that it would've made any difference, but he didn't even try to get back. 

After he returns to the dugout, David Ross tells him to take the rest of the night off. El Mago (the magician) disappeared. 

From me, a big thumbs up to Rossy. I kinda like it. IMO, can't have that from your best player. 

But ... I will say this for Javy. He could've just left. But after going to the clubhouse for a bit, El Mago reappeared in the dugout to back his teammates. 

10 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Cubs vs. Indians. Northsiders have a runner on first (Javy Baez) with one out. 

Rizzo flies to left. Baez, forgetting how many outs there were, is about 10 feet from third base when the ball is caught -- and is doubled off. Not that it would've made any difference, but he didn't even try to get back. 

After he returns to the dugout, David Ross tells him to take the rest of the night off. El Mago (the magician) disappeared. 

From me, a big thumbs up to Rossy. I kinda like it. IMO, can't have that from your best player. 

But ... I will say this for Javy. He could've just left. But after going to the clubhouse for a bit, El Mago reappeared in the dugout to back his teammates. 

Big kudos to Rossy. Even though he played with most of those guys, he reminded them who was the boss. Glad to see Javy back on the bench as well. 

49 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Timing and name are both completely baffling. I really should be a consultant, getting well paid to provide bad advice is a dream job. 

Try your luck as a meteorologist. Unless you have a face for radio. :)

So long, Rizz -- you were a helluva Cub. Even though he helped us end that blasted curse -- he probably did more off the field for the franchise and community than on.

Hope you enjoy that short right-field porch in Yankee Stadium. 

[/url]  

Sucks to be a Cubs fan right now. Schwarber, now Rizzo. Team had the roster to be better for past couple years so it makes sense. But always tough.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app