Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Daily MLB Banter

6 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

YES!!!!!! Still has a couple hurdles to clear, but looking good. Cardinals are now the clear favorite in the NL Central.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I can’t believe they actually did it, and if the speculation that they didn’t give up any of their top 5 prospects is true, this is highway robbery!!!  (Disclaimer: they better get that opt out moved back)

7 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I can’t believe they actually did it, and if the speculation that they didn’t give up any of their top 5 prospects is true, this is highway robbery!!!  (Disclaimer: they better get that opt out moved back)

That’s insane about keeping the best prospects if true. Usually these trades are about trading long term for short term. 

No doubt. I thought for sure any trade for Arenado would have been a guarantee to lose Gorman.

This is basically as if somebody were to steal your TV and then you offer to pay their electric bill so they can use it.  I am still in shock.  Yadi is my favorite current player so I really hope we resign him soon and try to get him one more WS

Fernando Tatis, Jr signs a 14 year extension for $340 million in guaranteed  money. This extension further cementing what an idiot Kenny Williams can be. Just hurts seeing this as a Sox fan.

Just think, Cardinals had a chance to get him and passed. His dad, who played for the Cardinals, even tried and the Cards went elsewhere.....

10 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Just think, Cardinals had a chance to get him and passed. His dad, who played for the Cardinals, even tried and the Cards went elsewhere.....

In fairness to Kenny, he was the ultimate lottery ticket when he was traded, but when you consider who he was traded for (a washed up James Shields), its unforgivable. Chasing a doomed season after a hot start. I mean Mat Latos was having a career April and he really thought that would continue?

9 hours ago, kreigh8 said:

In fairness to Kenny, he was the ultimate lottery ticket when he was traded, but when you consider who he was traded for (a washed up James Shields), its unforgivable. Chasing a doomed season after a hot start. I mean Mat Latos was having a career April and he really thought that would continue?

The silver lining to that trade was that after Shields predictably sucked, Hahn was finally able to convince Kenny and Jerry that the "win now, reload" strategy was never going to work and the Sox needed a total rebuild.

On 10/29/2020 at 10:25 PM, Stuhoo said:

I am a 55 year old White Sox fan.

When I was finishing middle school, the manager of the Chicago White Sox was Tony LaRussa.

As my kids are off to college and I turn 56, the new manager of the White Sox will be...

Tony LaRussa.

Will we sign Ron Kittle to play left field?

I'm not far behind you in age (52) and grew up very near Chicago, so remember those White Sox well (though I'm partial to the Northsiders). 

And Kittle is from Gary (where I was born, though I grew up one city over), so I always was a fan. 

Funny story about him. I lived in Minnesota for a few years in the '90s. Kitty was managing an independent pro team from Schaumberg. They played in the Northern League (back then, it was considered to be about the equivalent to Class A ball; not sure what it is now).

Anyway, the Flyers were in Duluth for a series and lost a game in which they played very poorly and made some dumb mistakes. After the game, Kittle marched his players down to the left-field line and made them run sprints across the outfield. This was professional baseball -- not college or high school. I had never seen that before -- thought it was pretty humorous.