Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Daily MLB Banter

[quote name="BlueDevil2aHoosier" post="60984" timestamp="1397922304"]Another ridiculously awful call last night that was not overturned on the replay in the Red Sox and Orioles game. I mean it was baaaaaad.[/quote]

Which begs the question how useful is it if it's not working correctly?

Sent from the can using BtownBanners

Please...for the love of the game...stop with the instant replay/umpire review. It is killing the game.

I can't for the life of me understand the fascination with it. Over 162 games, it all evens out anyway. Beside, other than that crap in-field fly rule call a few years back in the Braves-Cards wild card game and the almost perfect game by that Tigers pitcher a few years back, most of the missed calls are forgotten. Do the fans a solid and get rid of it.

I like having review, it's really not adding much time to the game and the umpires are getting the calls right this time.

It's just baseball purists thinking any advancement is going to kill the game.

How stupid is this guy?  He tries it again, against the same team, and thought he'd get away with it?!

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10830038/michael-pineda-new-york-yankees-ejected-foreign-substance-neck

He's not very bright.  Damn man, I don't care that you're using pine tar, a lot of pitchers do stuff to doctor the ball, but be more discreet.  On the neck right in the open?  How stupid can you get?

Although it does kind of make the Red Sox hypocrites because Bucholz pitches with 5 gallons of grease in his hair and an arm covered with sunscreen, you know he's doctoring the ball too.

The dude put it on his neck, I cannot believe it. 

Yeah, it was pretty stupid.

I don't care if he uses pine tar, pitchers have been doctoring the ball throughout history of the game, but as long as there's a rule against it he needs to be discreet.  Put it in his glove or under the bill of his cap or something, not right out in the open.

Yeah, it was pretty stupid.

I don't care if he uses pine tar, pitchers have been doctoring the ball throughout history of the game, but as long as there's a rule against it he needs to be discreet.  Put it in his glove or under the bill of his cap or something, not right out in the open.

AND HE GOT CAUGHT BY MEDIA LIKE 2 WEEKS AGO... 

Mike Trout isn't fair.  The only thing keeping him from being the reincarnation of Mickey Mantle is the fact that he's not a switch hitter, and I'm still not unconvinced.  He's only 22, general consensus is that a baseball players prime is mid 20s to early 30s so he's got a long time to be an absolute nightmare.

It's a shame he's stuck on the Angels.