Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Daily MLB Banter

5 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

I had to look those up, they signed Cabrera to an 8 year extension in 2014 when he was on the wrong side of 30.  Fielder hasn't been with the Brewers in years and retired in 2016.  Who is running the show over there?

I shouldn't say much, my Yankees are paying Brett Gardner about 10 mil a year and he's a 4th OF at this point.  And let's not forget that awful ARod contract.

Mike Illitch threw every dollar he had at any veteran with a pulse, just wanting to see a championship before he died. Needless to say, it didn't work. 

I forgot to mention giving 35-year-old Victor Martinez a 4 year extension when his knees weren't even good enough to play in the field anymore. 

20 hours ago, Rico said:

Cubs......ugh.

No kidding. I had a better chance of scoring on my high school dates then the Cubs do. 

Amazing they won the division with no offense and such a thin pen. 

RIP to one tough SOB.

And to someone who could have been a Hoosier. The story goes that Gibson wanted to play basketball at IU. But his high school coach was told in a letter by Branch McCracken (who, ironically, recruited the first Black player to IU): "We have already filled our quota of Negroes."