Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Hollowell & Etherington transferring..

I didn't say he did it well, but if I remember correctly someone did this exact same thing on the scouts message board a few years back.  And I speculate its the same person doing it again now.  That's all.  

Eh, nobody did this at Scout.  At least not since Crean has been here.  I would have remembered that.  

Crean has coddled certain players.  Certain players he has not held back on.  For whatever reason.  None of us know truly what goes on in those meetings/practices.  However, we have a pretty good hunch Jeremy failed a drug test, went from 25 mpg to like 10 and was suspended 2 games.  Hanner, a non-contributor gets a DUI and gets 2 games.  That is just what is out in the open.  Crean and Sheehey have went at it for 4 years.  It would not surprise me in the least to see Crean give some exit shots.  If he truly said what was said earlier, that is appalling.  Will we ever know for 100% sure?  Probably not.  Don't be surprised if this doesn't happen at more schools more often.  These coaches are getting paid millions to win.  Especially at IU, the pressure must be enormous.  I am not condoning if he said that or even if it is somewhere in the middle of that and a Knight tirade.  Just not sure why people would be surprised the head coach at IU blowing up after knowing they weren't going anywhere tournament wise.  

Well said.  I can't imagine any ball coach or any leader of players (football, hockey, lacrosse, you name it), in any fashion, who hasn't wanted to really, truly express their opinion on some outgoing players in a season that ended like this.  I wasn't in the room, and he may very well have said something that was completely out of line.  I'm not in any way defending that.  I'm just saying...  this may be a good time to revisit all of the complaints of people who think that coach is too easy on his players.

Well said.  I can't imagine any ball coach or any leader of players (football, hockey, lacrosse, you name it), in any fashion, who hasn't wanted to really, truly express their opinion on some outgoing players in a season that ended like this.  I wasn't in the room, and he may very well have said something that was completely out of line.  I'm not in any way defending that.  I'm just saying...  this may be a good time to revisit all of the complaints of people who think that coach is too easy on his players.

Why would you be in the room?

That seems like a weird response to what was posted. 

I was thinking the same thing as I read it. Seems like the guy just used a turn of phrase, and his comment wouldn't have been any different without it.

Why would you be in the room?

Could be that I decided to postpone my nightly cigar and scotch ritual. Could be that Momma had dinner ready on time and I got my homework done. Or it could be that I'm on the team, considering it'd be very, very poor judgement on Crean's part to have that kind of meeting with outliers in the room.

Yeah... My point was more that (seemingly) so, so many were critical of that guy who claps too much for always being nice. Now that he's allegedly been a real jerk... I guess all of the Knight apologist type guys are gone and everyone's genuinely seeking a coach who's truly, always (regardless of the circumstances) optimistic and positive.

Visited IU over the weekend and made my regular visit to the HPER for the best pickup basketball this country has to offer. Ended up on a team with someone very close to the team and, while playing, talked to him about the state of the team. More or less had it confirmed that Hollowell was a poison in too many ways to list and that Etherington just found himself on the outside both in playing time and socially. Haven't been able to keep up with this thread, but that might be something worth considering.

[quote name="bronkonagurski" post="55944" timestamp="1396166708"]That seems like a weird response to what was posted. [/quote]

When I read the post it sounded like the poster was saying he wasn't in the room that time, but is around other times. Looks like he may have just used it as a saying, but that's why I asked. No harm, no foul :)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="Bryan Medema" post="56747" timestamp="1396356909"]Visited IU over the weekend and made my regular visit to the HPER for the best pickup basketball this country has to offer. Ended up on a team with someone very close to the team and, while playing, talked to him about the state of the team. More or less had it confirmed that Hollowell was a poison in too many ways to list and that Etherington just found himself on the outside both in playing time and socially. Haven't been able to keep up with this thread, but that might be something worth considering.[/quote]

Both sounds right. Etherington's minutes were high this season, but I can't imagine that being the case moving forward. I also think the Mo Creek effect I mentioned at the beginning of the season creeped into some of our walk ons minds. Creek had a killer year, played a ton and had a blast doing it. Much more enjoyable than riding the pine at IU and seeing 8-10 min a game.

[quote name="IU Hoosier41" post="56762" timestamp="1396361450"]Both sounds right. Etherington's minutes were high this season, but I can't imagine that being the case moving forward. I also think the Mo Creek effect I mentioned at the beginning of the season creeped into some of our walk ons minds. Creek had a killer year, played a ton and had a blast doing it. Much more enjoyable than riding the pine at IU and seeing 8-10 min a game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]
Mo also enjoyed "winning" and getting in the tournament

basketball4u, do you have any stories about recruits? Is it possible that some of the kids that Crean has recruited (especially in state recruits) were turned off by his personality and went to other schools because of it? I love JBJ but this years recruiting class  is a shell of what it could have been if  Trey Lyles hadn't decommited and if we could have gotten Trevon Bluiett and Theo Pinson.

basketball4u, do you have any stories about recruits? Is it possible that some of the kids that Crean has recruited (especially in state recruits) were turned off by his personality and went to other schools because of it? I love JBJ but this years recruiting class  is a shell of what it could have been if  Trey Lyles hadn't decommited and if we could have gotten Trevon Bluiett and Theo Pinson.

A class of Lyles/Blackmon/Bluiett would've been a home run even without Pinson.

[quote name="Happydaze" post="56772" timestamp="1396368339"]basketball4u, do you have any stories about recruits? Is it possible that some of the kids that Crean has recruited (especially in state recruits) were turned off by his personality and went to other schools because of it? I love JBJ but this years recruiting class is a shell of what it could have been if Trey Lyles hadn't decommited and if we could have gotten Trevon Bluiett and Theo Pinson.[/quote]

I don't think anybody would've wanted the soap opera that is Lyles' dad. I would gladly take the other two though.

Eh, nobody did this at Scout.  At least not since Crean has been here.  I would have remembered that.  

It was definitely since Crean has been here...if you're sure it wasn't Scouts then I can't remember what board it was.  

[quote name="Happydaze" post="56772" timestamp="1396368339"]basketball4u, do you have any stories about recruits? Is it possible that some of the kids that Crean has recruited (especially in state recruits) were turned off by his personality and went to other schools because of it? I love JBJ but this years recruiting class is a shell of what it could have been if Trey Lyles hadn't decommited and if we could have gotten Trevon Bluiett and Theo Pinson.[/quote]
I am working on this one..I will get back to you when I know positively.

Sent from the gym using BtownBanners

Mo also enjoyed "winning" and getting in the tournament

So he left a team who'd been to the sweet 16 for two straight years that was about to be preseason top 25 for a team that went 13-17 the year prior and hadn't made the tourney since 2006-07?  Makes total sense now

[quote name="TheStillman" post="56781" timestamp="1396371885"]So he left a team who'd been to the sweet 16 for two straight years that was about to be preseason top 25 for a team that went 13-17 the year prior and hadn't made the tourney since 2006-07? Makes total sense now[/quote]

They had less unknowns as us. He wanted to play. It's near home. It made sense then.

[quote name="TheStillman" post="56781" timestamp="1396371885"]So he left a team who'd been to the sweet 16 for two straight years that was about to be preseason top 25 for a team that went 13-17 the year prior and hadn't made the tourney since 2006-07? Makes total sense now[/quote]
I was just adding to the facts he would play a lot, and be closer to home, etc. I think he knew he was going no where at IU, and that Crean was going with the new kids on the block, it was a mutual split