Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Stuhoo

(2014) PF Yante Maten to Georgia

It was really beautiful in Bloomington today, so I'm glad he chose today to visit rather than yesterday (low 40s and rainy all day). Although we obviously didn't get a commitment today, hopefully the campus made a good impression on him and will stick in his mind. I honestly don't see how anyone could be turned off by this gorgeous campus.

[quote name="Parakeet Jones" post="56336" timestamp="1396222938"]I hope he has been introduced to Je'nay Jackson this weekend.

What I would love to know about this kid is, what kind of motor does he have? I think sometimes height can be overrated. I don't want to start a team full of 6'4"-6'5" guys, but I'd rather have some 6'7"-6'-8" guys who have a motor and know how to fight for and get position and have a junkyard dog mentality (I'm looking your way Devin Davis, you see what I just wrote?) than some 6'10"-6'11" kid who doesn't have a high revving motor and gets pushed around.

If this kid has a motor, I hope we get him. That's all I really want right now. I want guys with some fight. Does he have this? [/quote]

A shorter player with a high motor eh??? This guy likes those players :)
[attachment=681:ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1396242114.497917.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I feel like we'll land this kid.  However, I don't think he fills our main needs for next season.  He's more of a H. Perea and D. Davis back up who will likely transfer in 2 years.  I know that sounds negative, but that is all I can see with him (just being honest). Are there no big juco players available??? We need a 6'10"+ / 235lb+ dude with a little more skill than Hanner or Peter.  Doesn't have to be an All-American type of player, just a solid defensive presence with an understanding of the game and a strong work ethic.

Alex Bozich @insidethehall 10m

Michigan State has offered Yante Maten, per The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140331/SPORTS0202/303310090/1132/rss18 

Jordan Littman @JordanLittman 3m

Duane Graves on Yante Maten getting offered by MSU: "When we first started this recruiting process, Michigan State was No. 1 on his board."

Jordan Littman @JordanLittman 3m

Graves: “But MSU didn’t have a scholarship available then. Now they do. This is awesome."

Justin Albers @Justin_Albers 2m

Michigan State has offered 2014 F Yante Maten, and the Spartans are now the favorite to land him. #iubb

A quote from his coach, via ITH's @JordanLittman:

Duane Graves on Maten MSU offer: "When we first started this recruiting process, Michigan State was No. 1 on his board."

con't

Graves: “But MSU didn’t have a scholarship available then. Now they do. This is awesome."

[quote name="CottageGrove" post="56588" timestamp="1396295485"]Except for when it's Ohio State.

Anyone else not like that they decided to offer while he's visiting IU?[/quote]

Sucks for us but it's smart for them.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Crean whiffs again. It's scary to think that he might not be here 360 days from now. Zero confidence we will land Cummingham either. Hope I'm wrong but it seems the mass exodus has not gone unnoticed.

Crean whiffs again. It's scary to think that he might not be here 360 days from now. Zero confidence we will land Cummingham either. Hope I'm wrong but it seems the mass exodus has not gone unnoticed.

Crean is a lame duck coach, or dead man walking, however you want to look at it. I don't expect him to last past next season, and recruiting is going to start showing it if it hasn't begun already.