Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

EvilleAngler

Fishing chat and pics..

On 6/7/2021 at 3:11 AM, Rico said:

Quick question @ALASKA HOOSIER,

Do you ever fish for halibut?  I got a cousin that is trying to talk me into taking a trip up there to fish for them.

hell yes! i usually go out once a year since i get so much meat and my fill my freezers

I just landed a ten pound bass.  No pic so use my integrity lol

I was using 6 pound line where a beast was swirling.  Dude hit it hard and snapped it instantly.  I grabbed a pole with 8 pound line (my heaviest line) and threw back when wham!  Dude hit again.  I fought him, and as I lifted him up over my seawall the line popped.  That means 10 pounds, right??  

Midnight fishing is hot in my backyard

Do you drink when you fish or fish when you drink?

Lots of lake weed messing with fishing near banks at Indian Lake OH.  Zebra mussels have removed the algae but resulted in weed problems.  Oh well...lots of bluegill, some big catfish, some Kolsh, and some Old Tub bourbon... Others get saugeyes and bass.  115 Hp moves the 20' pontoon boat enough to pull skiers...believe it or not.  Not good for beginners, though.  Wife skis slalom as does daughter.  But weeds on this shallow 5000 acre lake are a drag...literally.  Better than algae imho...as an environmental engineer...They will have 2 weed cutters next year...and say there is a way to knock down some of the weeds that the OEPA and ODNR will approve.  

20210823_203406.jpg

5 hours ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Do you drink when you fish or fish when you drink?

Lots of lake weed messing with fishing near banks at Indian Lake OH.  Zebra mussels have removed the algae but resulted in weed problems.  Oh well...lots of bluegill, some big catfish, some Kolsh, and some Old Tub bourbon... Others get saugeyes and bass.  115 Hp moves the 20' pontoon boat enough to pull skiers...believe it or not.  Not good for beginners, though.  Wife skis slalom as does daughter.  But weeds on this shallow 5000 acre lake are a drag...literally.  Better than algae imho...as an environmental engineer...They will have 2 weed cutters next year...and say there is a way to knock down some of the weeds that the OEPA and ODNR will approve.  

20210823_203406.jpg

I hear ya on the weeds.  I have a coontail problem here myself.