Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

EvilleAngler

Fishing chat and pics..

10 hours ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

my favorite is, "Bay de Noc Swedish Pimple" aka swedish pimple.

It is my "go-to" lure. sometimes i put a little bit of pink shrimp on as an incentive

I am a big believer in the "Pimples."  Soft water it tip with a chunk of crawler.  Hard water?  A minnow head.

Beautiful Florida day

IMG_5705.thumb.jpg.335a86979363f7e7829d0e2e28dd0c8e.jpg

Nice!! Wish I could have went more this year, but I’m a guilty husband and would have felt bad going much while leaving my wife at home with two young ones. Hoping my oldest will take more of an interest next year, but doubt it since the subdivision playground is right next to the pond lol. He was done within 5 minutes of no bites wanting to go play on the slide.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

10 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Nice!! Wish I could have went more this year, but I’m a guilty husband and would have felt bad going much while leaving my wife at home with two young ones. Hoping my oldest will take more of an interest next year, but doubt it since the subdivision playground is right next to the pond lol. He was done within 5 minutes of no bites wanting to go play on the slide.

I'm a lucky guy, that is my backyard.  I just take my 5 year old into the yard where she can play on the swingset while I fish so my wife encourages it!

I'm a lucky guy, that is my backyard.  I just take my 5 year old into the yard where she can play on the swingset while I fish so my wife encourages it!

That’s awesome! Always been a wish to have a house with land and my own lake/pond.

What kind of fish do you have in there?

2 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

That’s awesome! Always been a wish to have a house with land and my own lake/pond.

What kind of fish do you have in there?

It's not my own lake, there's about 24 houses that share this one.  This lake is full of largemouth bass.  There's a few bluegill but they aren't very big.  I've really never seen any other kind.   Just lots of largemouth, ducks, turtles, and about 2 or 3 otters

It's not my own lake, there's about 24 houses that share this one.  This lake is full of largemouth bass.  There's a few bluegill but they aren't very big.  I've really never seen any other kind.   Just lots of largemouth, ducks, turtles, and about 2 or 3 otters

Nice. Our subdivision has largemouth bass, bluegill/sun fish, a few crappie, a ton of turtles, and I’ve had 1 catfish on my line and snapped it right when I bent down to grab it. It was a decent sized channel, at least 6-7lbs, but that’s the only catfish I’ve had.

Some guys here have tried stocking it with some catfish, along with bass and crappie, but catfish don’t seem to be coming of age.

What does everyone like to catch? Favorite fish to go after? Also, and dream fishing places?

I’m fairly limited where I’m at, basically have bass, crappie, and bluegill in our subdivision pond. I like to crappie, bass, and catfish. Rend Lake, IL has some really good crappie fishing. Probably 9 years ago we did a guys weekend and caught so many crappie, I kept a jig head that shoes the hook straightening out. Best fishing trip I’ve ever had success wise. Been to Kentucky Lake a couple times, really enjoy the bass and cat fishing.

Really would like to try deep sea fishing, and some ice fishing before too long.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

On 12/7/2020 at 9:24 PM, JaybobHoosier said:

What does everyone like to catch? Favorite fish to go after? Also, and dream fishing places?

I’m fairly limited where I’m at, basically have bass, crappie, and bluegill in our subdivision pond. I like to crappie, bass, and catfish. Rend Lake, IL has some really good crappie fishing. Probably 9 years ago we did a guys weekend and caught so many crappie, I kept a jig head that shoes the hook straightening out. Best fishing trip I’ve ever had success wise. Been to Kentucky Lake a couple times, really enjoy the bass and cat fishing.

Really would like to try deep sea fishing, and some ice fishing before too long.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Muskie muskie muskie  lake of the woods . I still bass and catfish but very little anymore. 

I love to river fish, salt-water, lake, koi pond, you name it. anytime there is something in the water, i'm gonna try and catch that sucker. You have to try salt-water. Its amazing in so many different ways. Each type of fishing is different. Its challenging and that's what makes it so exciting.