Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

EvilleAngler

Fishing chat and pics..

Hope it as a great trip. Used to go there annually. Beautiful lake,lots of great memories.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Thanks! Trip was kinda meh. Storms every night made the fishing tough. I did catch my first walleye though. 23.5”.
Just being out on the lake and away from all the stuff going on for a few days was very therapeutic. The beer helped too!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

none! but i have been considering getting some mounted. which brings on the question:

I know taxidermists don't stuff fish anymore. I hear they take your photo and make a replication of it. Anyone know someone that does the fish replication thingie? I'm thinking of getting some done.

On 6/19/2020 at 1:13 PM, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

none! but i have been considering getting some mounted. which brings on the question:

I know taxidermists don't stuff fish anymore. I hear they take your photo and make a replication of it. Anyone know someone that does the fish replication thingie? I'm thinking of getting some done.

Those places are all over the place.  Just google fish replicas...

https://www.mountthis.net/

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

In this heat, I doubt even Alaska is doing any ice fishing.

No photo description available.

The GF and I made it out yesterday afternoon and it was a sauna.  The fish weren't really cooperating but managed a few cleaners.  No pics.  I didn't have anywhere to carry my phone as we fished naked due to the heat.

19 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Went crabbing today, 13 in all. The guy on top was over a foot when measured from claw to claw. 

461130D1-91CA-47BD-81DF-4A3D25DC7A0B.jpeg

I hope those all are covered in Old Bay seasoning now. I've been to Delaware a few times; the crabs are the best there.

9 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

I hope those all are covered in Old Bay seasoning now. I've been to Delaware a few times; the crabs are the best there.

We are out in NJ.  But blue claws are definitely NJ, DE , and MD. I catch for the sport. I don’t like seafood. My in-laws appreciate the extra hand in catching. 

Final tally, I caught 6 shorts and 1 keeper. Father in law caught 2 shorts. 

67637A1A-3C5F-41EE-A375-602B60F0280A.jpeg

A10C9778-E295-4F0B-A6DC-78F5662CD443.jpeg

Just got back from an extreme overlanding adventure across the Denali Highway. Fished for grayling (slayed 'em), ATV'd and Kayaked a ferocious river that almost killed us. What an amazing weekend. Will hopefully post photos of the Grayling.

Does anyone else overland on here?

Aloha, us Alaskans make the most out of our summers. I'm sorry you are offended by me having a "life" outside of this forum. Winter is about 5 weeks away and i'm not gonna squander my time. So, suck it and send me some woodworking stuff.

Aloha, us Alaskans make the most out of our summers. I'm sorry you are offended by me having a "life" outside of this forum. Winter is about 5 weeks away and i'm not gonna squander my time. So, suck it and send me some woodworking stuff.

Zero woodworking going on here although I did find access to some awesome toys on the IU campus. I completely understand about the short summers. When I lived in the land of “Canada’s taint” we worked a few hours a day and spent the rest outside playing. **** the cold!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app